Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd rather have them put temporary ropes during the parade if that's the reason. This very-permanent looking railing just doesn't work for me. Take this ugly thing away please!!

Yep, that's EXACTLY what they should have done. Disney does it every day.

I don't think its the coming of the theme park apocalypse, but if I interject my honest opinion, yeah, it's ugly. Probably an over-reaction on the park's part with a hastily thought out solution that didn't take much care to design and implement. Won't affect me in the least, but it is certainly awkward.

Last edited:
Seeing them in the park you really don't notice them. The only real reason I saw them the other day was because I almost ran into it. It takes nothing away from the area.

Agreed, I was there today and there barely noticeable.

I'm glad they don't interfere much. I'm just baffled as to why they'd go the length to face-lift the entrance taking away a clunky metal thing, just to add another to the side... Oh well...

I would love to see the "cardboard" mummies removed from the coaster and replaced by projection effects. I had the privelige of riding Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy for the first time this September. Having the actual ghost chase you around the dome actually adds to the thrill and excitement. Whenever I get off Mummy I always feel underwhelmed. Like they should have done more to the coaster portion than just strobing black light cutouts.

Finally got to try out the new entrance today. I'm glad the metal signage is gone, but walking the extended queue was a bit much. I would prefer if they kept it closed when it's not busy, but thats just me.

Well, that's stupid. Drill some holes in the ground and have TM's put stantions/ropes down for parade time, and disassemble them when the parade is over. Disney has been doing that forever in all the parks.

I recently heard that it was more because people have been tripping from the drains. You'll notice these were only placed where the drains are.

You hardly notice them in the park and they're really not that big of a deal anyway.

Any word on whether or not this is the full extent of upgrades for this ride? Or can we expect more to come in order to coincide with the reboot next year?

Any word on whether or not this is the full extent of upgrades for this ride? Or can we expect more to come in order to coincide with the reboot next year?

More to come but no timetable yet. Also want to point out that little things have been going even after the queue reroute, they just haven't been talked about. Things like prop replacement and upkeep within the treasure room after hours have been done. Word is operations wants this attraction around for at least another decade so expect to see more love over the next year.

More to come but no timetable yet. Also want to point out that little things have been going even after the queue reroute, they just haven't been talked about. Things like prop replacement and upkeep within the treasure room after hours have been done. Word is operations wants this attraction around for at least another decade so expect to see more love over the next year.

Glad to hear it!