Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just wish they could add something more during the coaster part of it than those screens of someone's soul being sucked out or whatever it is. It isn't as good in comparison to the rest of the ride.

I remember when this was billed as the 'first psychological thrill ride'...and they even had a commercial with a boy in bed waking up because he thought he had felt a snake crawl under his sheets--this really had set up my expectations for my first ride thinking there would be all kinds of crazy effects. It turns out, the only 'psychological' effect is the beetles but it's so unconvincing that many people even here don't notice it. I think if they ever give this baby a top to bottom refurb they should include the psychological effects they promised...maybe put some mechanics under the seat like Tough to be a Bug to make guests feel like there are beetles crawling under them. Maybe a few pneumatic effects built into the seats to give some sort of sensory hearing effect...I don't know, this might not even all be plausible but they owe us after those sweet commercials!!

I remember when this was billed as the 'first psychological thrill ride'...and they even had a commercial with a boy in bed waking up because he thought he had felt a snake crawl under his sheets--this really had set up my expectations for my first ride thinking there would be all kinds of crazy effects. It turns out, the only 'psychological' effect is the beetles but it's so unconvincing that many people even here don't notice it. I think if they ever give this baby a top to bottom refurb they should include the psychological effects they promised...maybe put some mechanics under the seat like Tough to be a Bug to make guests feel like there are beetles crawling under them. Maybe a few pneumatic effects built into the seats to give some sort of sensory hearing effect...I don't know, this might not even all be plausible but they owe us after those sweet commercials!!

I agree, out of all the times I've ridden I can't recall ever feeling any buys whatsoever! I would love to see them give this ride the attention it deserves.

Forget the bugs give me the Mummy AA that was supposed to leap onto the vehicle!

Does anyone remember the patent that came up a few years ago that we all suspected for The Mummy? It was had bristles or something pop out during the ride motion and hid the riders legs.

Um... :look: so, apparently now there's these railings around the Mummy attraction area... WTF?! :inquisitive:

From OTPN:

jpETFokZT66ZC.JPG

jqaDegGlmo31C.JPG

:ack:

They've been having a lot of problems in this area with guests standing in the street and crossing here during the parade. Rather ugly though.

I would say it takes the realism out of that section of NY, however it's Mummy soooo, yeah....

I'd rather have them put temporary ropes during the parade if that's the reason. This very-permanent looking railing just doesn't work for me. Take this ugly thing away please!!