Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

RIP Gwazi (1999-2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the first time they've announced their following year's projects in late winter/early spring (the company as a whole, not necessarily the individual parks). Of course, announcing Antarctica in February 2012 for a Spring 2013 opening made the hype a little more than necessary considering the let down of the attraction in general. I doubt we'll have this issue with an RMC announcement. Remember that BGW announced Invadr about March 19 2016 for it's 2017 opening.

With the pushing of "memberships", it gets people to buy and keep coming back when you announce this early on. That's the SWP&E strategy. Keep people making return visits and spending money each time!

In their earning call yesterday Six Flags mentioned that membership holders are spending 4x as much as passholders in their parks. I would guess SeaWorld is seeing similar numbers.

The new Gwazi will be a huge draw for the locals since it will be something unique to the region.

I'll be there for the new Gwazi no doubt. By then my daughter will likely be finally tall enough to ride the big boys.

66p6m6fevyg21.jpg

It's not the first time they've announced their following year's projects in late winter/early spring (the company as a whole, not necessarily the individual parks). Of course, announcing Antarctica in February 2012 for a Spring 2013 opening made the hype a little more than necessary considering the let down of the attraction in general. I doubt we'll have this issue with an RMC announcement. Remember that BGW announced Invadr about March 19 2016 for it's 2017 opening.

So to curb my excitement (not working lol) I was watching the announcements to see what was revealed and if we should expect to see the layout.
Another interesting thing was with invadrs, they did a naming contest, I’m curious to see if they’d do that again here. Not that they’d need to, it’d just be interesting to see.

Really excited to see what exactly they announce tomorrow. Haven't been to Busch Gardens for a few years, but this might actually be the thing that gets me back!

If it's stealing records, it'll have to be from Zadra at Energylandia. The official height hasn't been publicly announced, but they did state it would be taller than Steel Vengeance.

I couldn't see anything that says it will be taller than Steel Vengeance until I stumbled across this:

Just looking and listening to Alan Schilke, you know he's the exact type of guy you want designing roller coasters.

Also interesting hearing him say he wants to go beyond 300ft. Not saying it's going to happen here but I like the scope.

Status
Not open for further replies.