Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rise of the Resistance - Boarding Passes/Uptimes (DHS)

Bit late but we lucked out around 3.30pm when the app alerted us we wouldn't be boarding.

We already knew this but the confirmation was enough for us to wrap up a long day in the park.

The app let me down at the beginning #, whilst it was loading quick it would not open up the boarding pass field, people around me were cheering as they got there passes but the button on my app was staying greyed out, this put us behind from the get go but with all of the down time that day if you weren't in the top 40 boarding groups chances would be that you weren't riding and even if you did you had a good chance of the ride going down whilst you were on it or in line.

So 3 attempts and only one ride, but like a sucker i'm going to head over again on Monday to chance my arm on RoftR lottery.

We went yesterday and I think the rain really helped us out. I got group 6 and my sister and her boyfriend got group 27.

Still painful to wake up at 6, and I really hope the boarding group situation is over sooner rather than later

Didn't make it to the park Monday, damn that super bowl hangover.

Trying again today, arrived at park by 6am, was amazed to be up by the turnstiles. Later realised park didn't open 8 not 7 as I thought. At least I made front of the line for Starbucks.

Fingers crossed that I get a decent boarding group today.

Boarding group 6,result.

Now boarding.

Some posters on Magic are complaining that Disney is sometimes trying to squeeze in the last of the regular boarding groups at the end of the day, and Ops skipped the Rey Room and the Transport so they could accommodate the additional groups.

Some posters on Magic are complaining that Disney is sometimes trying to squeeze in the last of the regular boarding groups at the end of the day, and Ops skipped the Rey Room and the Transport so they could accommodate the additional groups.
I don't feel bad for them that they got to ride the ride.

Unless the preshows are down that’s not the bottle neck to get people on. This makes no sense.
I’m assuming they wanted to get CMs off the clock ASAP and by skipping the Rey preshow and transport, it gets them on the ride faster. Especially if the hanger bay room was empty and CMs just waiting for guests.

2 questions, because I'm going to DW in a couple weeks for the first time:

1. The parks open at 8 when we will be there (March 2nd). What time should I line up to get a boarding pass?
2. Do they only issue the boarding pass if you redeem your ticket at DHS or any of the parks if you have a park hopper?

Thanks!

2 questions, because I'm going to DW in a couple weeks for the first time:

1. The parks open at 8 when we will be there (March 2nd). What time should I line up to get a boarding pass?
2. Do they only issue the boarding pass if you redeem your ticket at DHS or any of the parks if you have a park hopper?

Thanks!

1) They usually let you into the park 40 minutes before official opening, the boarding passes are given out on the app. Best to quit and fresh launch the app right at 7am to get the best pass. No waiting in line.
2) No you and everyone in your party who will be getting a pass need to be in DHS before open.

This is one of the world's most expensive Parks. They deserve to the full experience.
No one is entitled to anything even once in the gates. They got on the ride, which in and of itself is a hard thing to accomplish right now. I know the full experience is where it’s at and what adds to the immersion, but either way, they got to ride it which is more than tens of thousands of others can say on a daily basis.

No one is entitled to anything even once in the gates. They got on the ride, which in and of itself is a hard thing to accomplish right now. I know the full experience is where it’s at and what adds to the immersion, but either way, they got to ride it which is more than tens of thousands of others can say on a daily basis.
That kind of thinking leads to declining by degrees.