Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well that explains it. Wonder why they announced an opening date without being anywhere on schedule. Unless they were on schedule and something came up. From all those guys and equipment my guess is that something went wrong. I am hoping it opens on time as I can't go the next weekend as we have friends in town and the only park they are not going to is AK.

I've seen several Disney sources I know show trepidation for this show, so I'm still hopeful but tempered. God I hope this is good.

Reactions: Ryno27
I've seen several Disney sources I know show trepidation for this show, so I'm still hopeful but tempered. God I hope this is good.

It's going to take a small miracle to make this actually entertaining for more than a single viewing.

this along with Pandora and the night safari hopefully will be game changers because you re literally keeping a park open 4 hours later

The more I learn about the Night Safari the less i'm sold on the concept.

They've been closing it at dusk for a reason - and no, that reason is not the health/safety/care of the animals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whether it's really good or not, this will be considered the best thing ever by the dusters and become the "must see" for all the WDW fans simply because it's the first new night time show offering in MANY years...

Not to single you out, but let's chill it with the blanket statements and terms, everyone. We're at a point in the theme park community where more and more fans and guests are trying more than just Disney parks, so lets be more welcoming. I'm just as guilty about this too.

A twitter poster I followed may have just given us the first look of images from the ToL nighttime projection show.

Looks Amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ryno27 and IzzyB
12940803_1052692484791968_1189258733_n.jpg

From Orlandobrothas on IG.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Nick
Some are posting that the picture was shopped, maybe but I bet it is close to what they end up with.

Edit to add - if you put 10,000 people crowding the pathways in there ;)

Reactions: SeventyOne
The photo was barely edited. I know OrlandoBrothas. He's a wizard with a camera. He takes multiple shots and compiles it all into one through Lightroom or Photomatics. He taught me how to take shots like that at Universal one night in front of MIB. He leaves the shutter open for about 10-30 seconds each shot. He uses a tripod so that's why it's so clean.

There is a term for it. Take multiple differently exposed frames then combine them as one for really rich color, highlight and shadow range. Anyone remember what that process is called?

Found it!

It's called High Dynamic Range photography.

High-dynamic-range imaging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited: