Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos

This is interesting because the park hours says it closes at 6:30, but sunset is not until 7:55. Wonder if this announcement happened before the park hours were changed. Also, the night time safari, is it opening around the same time?

I need to remember to get fast passes for the 23rd when they come available.

The PR doesn't really clarify the date, but it seems like a maybe.

I'm really looking forward to this. I think I enjoyed the night time show at DCA with the projections more than I did at Disneyland.

FYI, park hours haven't changed yet. The park will probably close at 8 with an 8 o'clock showtime for RoL or a closing at 9 with an 8 and 9 o'clock RoL.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Now Disney needs to update their website with all this information because their park hours and times guide is not updated. Now it looks like dining was updated because I can get reservations for 6:30 at one of the places and they wouldn't allow that on a normal 6:30 closing day.

I did get to see the wild dogs the other day during the safari. That was pretty neat. The driver seemed surprised to see them, more than his normal surprise. He recovered and said he normally sees them at night. Not sure if they lot them out early for some reason or what was going on. But they were pretty cool. Nice addition.

Where on the safari are there wild dogs?

Oh now you are testing my memory, especially since I was with both kids by myself that day lol

So I went back thru my pictures and it seems it is before the giraffes, how much before I am not sure. The dogs were one of the first pictures I have. Below is where I saw them.

Oh now you are testing my memory, especially since I was with both kids by myself that day lol

So I went back thru my pictures and it seems it is before the giraffes, how much before I am not sure. The dogs were one of the first pictures I have. Below is where I saw them.

Ouch. Those are my African cousins.......Mad Dog ;)

5,000 capacity per show with the intention of 3 showings per night is the current rumor for this show, with hours extended to 11 or so.
I believe it when I see it: I can see the 11 closing occur post Pandora, but right now the latest is 10 and with 3 shows only when they are really busy.