Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sapphire Falls Resort

I'm thinking of staying here because it's a new hotel but there is no express pass with the stay. That sorta sucks. Is the special rate still going on?

I'm thinking of staying here because it's a new hotel but there is no express pass with the stay. That sorta sucks. Is the special rate still going on?
It's on till the end of May. $150 meal credit for a stay of 4 nights or more. If you're going less than 4 nights, and you have an AP, the AP rates were in effect for late Sept. early Oct.

It's on till the end of May. $150 meal credit for a stay of 4 nights or more. If you're going less than 4 nights, and you have an AP, the AP rates were in effect for late Sept. early Oct.

I'm probably going around the same time as you. You gotta come kick it with your Orlando United homie. :cheers:

I'm probably going around the same time as you. You gotta come kick it with your Orlando United homie. :cheers:
Well, that sounds like at least 4 of us at the same time so far (end of Sept.) at Sapphire. Maybe, come early Sept. someone throw around a time & day to have a few drinks for a couple of hours.

Well, that sounds like at least 4 of us at the same time so far (end of Sept.) at Sapphire. Maybe, come early Sept. someone throw around a time & day to have a few drinks for a couple of hours.

Yeah. I'm still debating late Sept or early Oct. I'm really stuck between Sapphire Falls, Royal Pacific or Portofino. :huh:

Yeah. I'm still debating late Sept or early Oct. I'm really stuck between Sapphire Falls, Royal Pacific or Portofino. :huh:
I do the split now. Especially since I really like CBBR, but it doesn't have Express. So we'll be at Sapphire Sept. 24-29 and then Portofino Sept. 29-Oct. 8. That way I save a few bucks for a few days & get the Express on the others. Of course I always factor in the Stay More Save More discount rates or AP rates when available. Anyway, I mix & match now ever since they built CBBR. For the Spring the split is CBBR and Portofino.

Several years ago I would always book around August for our HHN trip, always had no trouble
getting a room,aph discount and all. Last couple of years though they have been getting booked
a lot quicker.

Several years ago I would always book around August for our HHN trip, always had no trouble
getting a room,aph discount and all. Last couple of years though they have been getting booked
a lot quicker.
Exactly. Up through, and including 2014, I would book my Fall hotel rooms a few weeks before I left. Now they have more hotels & rooms and less vacancies. Burke sure knows what he's doing. That's why I already booked for Fall.

I do the split now. Especially since I really like CBBR, but it doesn't have Express. So we'll be at Sapphire Sept. 24-29 and then Portofino Sept. 29-Oct. 8. That way I save a few bucks for a few days & get the Express on the others. Of course I always factor in the Stay More Save More discount rates or AP rates when available. Anyway, I mix & match now ever since they built CBBR. For the Spring the split is CBBR and Portofino.

I'm only going for three nights lol. I might do one night at Sapphire and switch to Royal Pacific.

a lot quicker.

I usually book around August too. I might have to book the hotel very soon.

I booked 5 days end of September last week. APH rates are now in effect for the early Fall, but you cannot combine it with the $150(4 day minimum) meal credit. So if you do 4 or 5 days the meal credit is worth more than the APH savings. Also, looks like rooms are going fast. There were no standard rooms left for the days I booked. Pool & Lagoon view rooms were still available. So, mostly for the curiosity factor of a new hotel, I'm doing 5 nights Sapphire and then over to Portofino for 9 more nights.
Hey, How were you able to get that deal? when I go to the site I only see suites and I dont see the offer for the 150 credit.

Hey, How were you able to get that deal? when I go to the site I only see suites and I dont see the offer for the 150 credit.
I just ran this through as a test so it's still available.....Go to Universal Orlando website....Click on hotels check availability...Hit Sapphire Falls on the drop down....type in check in date 9/24/16, type in check out date 9/29/16....1 room...Hit Search....Rooms available will pop up, Offer pops up, Special Introductory Offer $150dining credit with 4 night stay or longer...Hit View all rooms...Lagoon view 2 Queens and Pool View 2 Queens are still available for those dates $147.75 per night.....Now, if you're trying to get high demand summer dates, it's possible the rooms are gone already.

I'm only going for three nights lol. I might do one night at Sapphire and switch to Royal Pacific.

I usually book around August too. I might have to book the hotel very soon.
Defintely book now. Last June when I was looking at Royal Pacific it was already booked for most every night during HHN season. That's a good idea to split that way. You get Express for most of the trip, you get to try a new hotel, and the move should be easy since the two hotels are adjacent.

Defintely book now. Last June when I was looking at Royal Pacific it was already booked for most every night during HHN season. That's a good idea to split that way. You get Express for most of the trip, you get to try a new hotel, and the move should be easy since the two hotels are adjacent.

I'm going to book now. It seems I get a discount only if I go the week of Sept. 23-26 I can use my florida resident rate. I tried booking the week after and it was $100 more.

What are the chances of me asking for a room with a balcony upon check in at Portofino?

I'm going to book now. It seems I get a discount only if I go the week of Sept. 23-26 I can use my florida resident rate. I tried booking the week after and it was $100 more.

What are the chances of me asking for a room with a balcony upon check in at Portofino?
Are you a You Too Lowe's member? There's only 70 rooms with balconies, so they're limited. I'm a You Too member, and they've always given me a room with a balcony when I asked. You get a room upgrade if one's available with You Too. Someone posted a few months ago that they're now charging an extra $25 a night for balconies, but I don't know if that's true or not. Also, if your vacation is starting on a weekend it's tougher to get a request since they're usually close to full bookings. I would guess the earlier you arrive the better chance for a room choice. There's been times I got there at 9:00 AM and my room was ready, but other times I'd get there around 1 PM and I'd have to wait for a room. (3:00 PM is official check in time). It's all kind of hit & miss unless you can call ahead with your You Too confirmation, if you have one......Portofino is my all time favorite resort. Great pools and the Piazza is ambiance plus. The rooms are huge. The bathrooms are the size of a Motel 6 room.

Are you a You Too Lowe's member? There's only 70 rooms with balconies, so they're limited. I'm a You Too member, and they've always given me a room with a balcony when I asked. You get a room upgrade if one's available with You Too. Someone posted a few months ago that they're now charging an extra $25 a night for balconies, but I don't know if that's true or not. Also, if your vacation is starting on a weekend it's tougher to get a request since they're usually close to full bookings. I would guess the earlier you arrive the better chance for a room choice. There's been times I got there at 9:00 AM and my room was ready, but other times I'd get there around 1 PM and I'd have to wait for a room. (3:00 PM is official check in time). It's all kind of hit & miss unless you can call ahead with your You Too confirmation, if you have one......Portofino is my all time favorite resort. Great pools and the Piazza is ambiance plus. The rooms are huge. The bathrooms are the size of a Motel 6 room.

No I'm not. How do I become one?

No I'm not. How do I become one?
It' s a rewards program based on how often you visit. When you do your reservation there should be a box somewhere on the site where you can sign up for membership. Once you reach a certain level,based on how many visits you've had... Blue, Gold, Platinum....then you're entitled to the benefits that level has.Namely, room upgrades, late checkouts, use of exercise facilities, etc.

Any word yet on if this hotel will open in "phases" like Cabana Bay did?
Unlike CBBR, sapphire has single pool area etc so not sure they are able to open in phases

At this stage the only possible delay I can see if the water taxi element but appears that with the amount of workers on site daily that all should be finished also. Only 70 left so a LOT of work to do.