Sapphire Falls Resort | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Sapphire Falls Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The only parking option for the Loews in D.C. is Valet at $59 per night. :yikes:
They can afford to charge that much as pretty much everyone staying in the hotel will be there on business, which means the actual guest still has plenty of money to spend on other stuff. ;)

They can afford to charge that much as pretty much everyone staying in the hotel will be there on business, which means the actual guest still has plenty of money to spend on other stuff. ;)

Yeah.. I'd just Uber everywhere.

I still can't believe Universal doesn't have some kind of pick up shuttle to their hotel. Even some off site hotels offer free transportation to and from the airport.

Universal offers paid transportation from the airport. Most places I know that offer free transport from the airport are close to it, but I'll be honest and say I haven't researched it much.

People do not do their research. Lynx will take you to Universal for $2 per person as you said, or cheaper getting a weekly pass . I CAN NEVER understand why someone would do Mears, Yellow Cab, or any of these other transportation robberies in Orlando.
Yeah I researched Lynx from Sanford Airport. The first step was walk 2.9 miles...

I still can't believe Universal doesn't have some kind of pick up shuttle to their hotel. Even some off site hotels offer free transportation to and from the airport.

Universal does have a airport transfer option available. It isn't really advertised or known about. It is called the Universal Superstar Shuttle. It isn't free, the pricing is $35 round trip. It is shared by each of the 4 resorts and will offer combined service to Sapphire Falls. I used it last year for HHN25 to CBBR and it really works nicely, and I plan on using it again for HHN26 to SFR. I know there are cheaper options available, but for $17.50 for each way, it is basically direct service and very convenient and timely access at the airport. Both times I used it last September, there were only a couple of other people on the bus with me. Here is what Universal posted about it on the hotel info and policies page from their website:

Airport Transportation
Universal’s SuperStar Shuttle offers Round Trip Transfers from Orlando International Airport to the Universal Orlando Resort® On-Site Hotels; Loews Cabana Bay Beach Resort, Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Hard Rock Hotel and Loews Portofino Bay Resort. This product can be added to any Universal Parks and Resorts Vacations®package. It will not only include Airport Transfer but it will also include NEW Welcome Concierge desks located at both Universal Studios Stores with the Orlando International Airport and Pre–Printing of all travel documents and tickets. Call 1-877-801-9720 for more information and pricing. Fees apply.

• Departure Point from Airport: Welcome Concierge Desk at the Universal Studios Store
  • Departure Point from Hotels: Porte Cochere of each hotel

OU actually had a small posting in the General Discussions thread also.....here: SuperStar Shuttle, Anyone used it yet? | Orlando United Forums

Reactions: JoeCamel
Well, that sounds like at least 4 of us at the same time so far (end of Sept.) at Sapphire. Maybe, come early Sept. someone throw around a time & day to have a few drinks for a couple of hours.

Make that 5! I will be at SFR from Sept. 22 thru Oct. 1 for HHN. I was going to split my stay between here and RPR, but decided to just stay here the whole time because I think it is going to be very cool. I stayed at CBBR last HHN (and a few times before that with the whole family) and love it there, but wanted to try something new. Can't wait to check it out and am more than interested in having a few rum drinks with some OU peeps!

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeCamel
Thanks! I wonder why they don't promote it?

:shrug: I dunno. It just started service on September 1st last year (about 7 months ago).....so I guess it is still pretty new for them. For 1 person it is a great deal, for 2 people it is a pretty good deal........but 3 people, meh.......4 or more, I'd get a cab or private van.

Still seems silly for them to charge for transport. If they're serious about cutting people off from Disney, you need to offer complimentary transport or people are just going to get a rental car.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Anybody bummed about the parking charges at Universal. If you book through virgin holidays in the UK, you get free parking at Cabana Bay. I checked for Sapphire Falls but it's not included.

Do the hotels offer car hire?

Anybody bummed about the parking charges at Universal. If you book through virgin holidays in the UK, you get free parking at Cabana Bay. I checked for Sapphire Falls but it's not included.

Do the hotels offer car hire?

Yup. They each have taxi lanes, just ask a porter. And they each have a Hertz rental car desk in the lobby.

Still seems silly for them to charge for transport. If they're serious about cutting people off from Disney, you need to offer complimentary transport or people are just going to get a rental car.

Eh, just because Disney World does it, doesn't mean it's the norm. Most places do charge for transfers. Disneyland themselves charge too. It's about $24 each way. What's important is that they offer it.

Eh, just because Disney World does it, doesn't mean it's the norm. Most places do charge for transfers. Disneyland themselves charge too. It's about $24 each way. What's important is that they offer it.
I understand, but when it comes to an Orlando vacation, every aspect of Universal and WDW will be compared.

I think universal understands that not everyone will want or need a transfer from the airport or have a car to park so those are ala carte. They could roll the costs into the room rate and have everyone pay for these services whether they use them or not like WDW does but there is a cost and you will pay for it one way or the other. I prefer to choose what I want to pay for.