SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You mean Nautilus theater? I always thing A'lure was the best show, saw it a lot. As for Happy Harbor, I think that whole area should be redone, and they should have things spread through the park more. Though I do like Jazzy Jellies on occasion lol.

I think they should replace Happy Harbor with Sesame Place. I think this would help them to draw families with young children. They still have the rights to Sesame Street don't they?

You mean Nautilus theater? I always thing A'lure was the best show, saw it a lot. As for Happy Harbor, I think that whole area should be redone, and they should have things spread through the park more. Though I do like Jazzy Jellies on occasion lol.

I actually like the happy harbors for Sea World. I don't like kidzone in Universal because it is the only place for kids. But for Sea World it works because there are shows and animals thru the whole park for kids. But Happy Harbor is nice all in one place because you can let the kids run in the net and water area, while other kids in the family can ride rides. It really is nice and balanced and for parents can be a nice place to take kids and entertain them for long periods of times.

Yes, Busch Gardens has a Sesame place. My biggest gripe with Seaworld's Kidzone is that basically the kids have more rides than the grown ups.

While yes, you can't fit that many adult rides in that small of land. Kids rides like that take up very little space. They also cost WAY less than an adult ride. You have 4 adult rides, 2 family rides, and 7 I think kid rides.

You'd hope they'd get a move on and start construction now so they have something new to market for spring/summer. The Orlando parks in general seem very lax about getting things open for peak crowds.

What San Diego is getting might be what's next for Orlando.

I'll try to link an article later, but aquariums based on 7 seas with rides, one that mini sub idea we have seen.
aerial_view-1472609705-3735.jpg

What San Diego is getting might be what's next for Orlando.

I'll try to link an article later, but aquariums based on 7 seas with rides, one that mini sub idea we have seen.
aerial_view-1472609705-3735.jpg
I wonder where this is going, or has that already been known? Also, this should probably not be in the SWO thread.
I like that it's a whole area too. On the downside, that submarine ride looks to be fairly short, but at least the get a dark ride of sorts at all.

I'd say look at this for a general model at how Orlando's Jeep ride will look. Speaking of which, where do we think that will go?

It could be around Key West / Dolphin Cove / TurtleTrek. There the jeeps could be driving around the beach helping the animals or whatnot. This would help that whole section of the park as it would expand a pretty small "realm" (as they call the lands) into a more complete state. I would place this as most likely when it comes to theme and ride type balance in the park. The kids rides by Shamu Stadium and this area by Key West would balance out the park well.

It could be in the place of where Terrace BBQ used to be (They closed it recently.), but that would require moving the Pass Member Lounge. That whole space there is big enough to host a realm this size and the features already there, like the ponds, gardens, and bridge, could easily be included. I would place this as most likely when it comes to logistics and flexibility. Much of the infrastructure here can be reused for the realm, and the more room gives them more flexibility in the design.

The last place I can think of that would make sense is where Wild Arctic currently is. I can't think of a theme that would fit here if we assume the exhibits stay.

Reactions: anihilnation
If screamscape is correct, then the re-marketed attraction is Kraken VR, the other thing mentioned was a new show, this would make sense since the Nautilus theater sits empty, the third thing for 2017 would then be a Dolphin Cove redo. Anyway, Screamscape also reports that BGT might get a new B&M in 2018, now, since 2018 should also give SWO another major new attraction, I doubt it will be a major coaster, so I guess 2018 would either be that Jeep dark ride or perhaps a good family coaster, maybe something similar to Cobra's Curse? Then perhaps in 2020, which is supposed the be an another major addition, we will get another big coaster.

On a side note, yesterday Wild Arctic was down, staff told me it would remain closed the entire day because it was severely overheated. Antarctica was down for the day as well, so both poles were dead lol

Reactions: SeventyOne
On a side note, yesterday Wild Arctic was down, staff told me it would remain closed the entire day because it was severely overheated. Antarctica was down for the day as well, so both poles were dead lol
This sadly happens way more often then you would think.
If screamscape is correct, then the re-marketed attraction is Kraken VR, the other thing mentioned was a new show, this would make sense since the Nautilus theater sits empty, the third thing for 2017 would then be a Dolphin Cove redo. Anyway, Screamscape also reports that BGT might get a new B&M in 2018, now, since 2018 should also give SWO another major new attraction, I doubt it will be a major coaster, so I guess 2018 would either be that Jeep dark ride or perhaps a good family coaster, maybe something similar to Cobra's Curse? Then perhaps in 2020, which is supposed the be an another major addition, we will get another big coaster.
Interesting that the rumor of a new show has come up. At the Town Hall a while ago I asked the park president about anything permanent coming to the Nautilus theatre and he said that O' Wondrous Night may or may not get a companion soon.

Reactions: anihilnation

Antarctica (the ride) has been closed for at least two weeks now and is walk through exhibit only.

Reactions: SeventyOne