SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's literally the only thing I like to eat in the park.
Up until I got the dining planning I think it was the only thing I've ever had. So far I've found the other offerings to be really good, maybe it just tastes better since it's essentially free food.

Passholder Lounge is closed today (11-30-16) for a media event of sorts. Some new information may be announced, or it may be nothing.

Are you sure its a media event? I know there is a media event in the park but that is tonight at 630 and its for the Christmas event

I stopped by SeaWorld today. They started the new ticketing process. Now when they scan your ticket it notifies them if they have a photo on file for you. If it's your first time through the new system they take a photo of you.

Reactions: Journey_On
I stopped by SeaWorld today. They started the new ticketing process. Now when they scan your ticket it notifies them if they have a photo on file for you. If it's your first time through the new system they take a photo of you.
So next time when I go to Seaworld, I scan my pass and then the attendant will take a picture of me?

So next time when I go to Seaworld, I scan my pass and then the attendant will take a picture of me?
Yes, they had the turnstiles completely open and were using handheld scanners with cameras built in. Kind of like a bulky smart phone. They handed out flyers at the toll plaza. Which I did't really look at till now but they have a lot more info about it.
Scan Dec 3, 2016, 11.47 AM.jpg Scan Dec 3, 2016, 11.47 AM2.jpg

Sorry to bang on, but still no word on the 2017 additions? I mean, if I was running a theme park, Id want my new product to be advertised in spring for summer...yet no sign of Dolphin Nursey improvements and no timeline for kraken going down yet? I know Orlando is a year round destination, but overseas guests are approaching the time when they decide where they're going to visit (I'll obviously still go to Seaworld regardless as I love it, but it would be nice to know)

Busch have their entire 2017 downtime listed. Disney have been weak on their winter refurbishments this year which makes me think they might plan some nasty short notice suprises this Spring like they did with RnRC last winter

They could definitely use a nice family coaster to round out their lineup.

Yes, it might be wise for Sea World to become more Six Flagish to try to cut their revenue slide and get attendance back up to the earlier levels. The downside though, is that it may cannibalize the Tampa park's attendance if tourists don't have to drive there to get their coaster fix.

Reactions: anihilnation
Yes, it might be wise for Sea World to become more Six Flagish to try to cut their revenue slide and get attendance back up to the earlier levels. The downside though, is that it may cannibalize the Tampa park's attendance if tourists don't have to drive there to get their coaster fix.

It does seem to be the way they are modeling themselves now, I do agree about BGT, regular guests would stay in the theme park corridor rather than commuting to another park 2 hours away..

BGT does well out of repeat visitors and even the if they are like me it will be every other trip.

I Usually alternate between SW & BGT, although in March I dropped Disney and am doing SW & BGT. Won't miss WDW even though staying on property twice, SSR and GF. I wouldn't mind a trip to MK when staying right next door but that only going to happen if I can get in through a CM friend and she is looking to move jobs so not looking likely.

For the record I've never, in 13 trips, dropped Uni from my itinerary.

Last edited:
Reactions: UNIrd and Mad Dog