SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That is ridiculously good value for money. That's a meal for less than a quarter if you eat every day?

I'm assuming that's on top of your annual pass?
Yeah I did the flex pay for SW + Aquatica for me an my wife it was right around $100 for the dining plan and first month for each of us with around $15 every future month each.

We'll probably visit as a family and only pay $6 for kids meals. I'll stop for lunch anytime I'm in the area for work. Should work out to at least a 90% savings for me!

Reactions: Scott W.
The Seaworld in San Antonio offers a platinum pass for $225 that includes all Seaworld and Busch Gardens Parks (and water parks- So all 10 parks- just not Discovery Cove) and includes the all season dining and photo plans with it. The Dining & Photo passes only apply to Seaworld/Aquatica in San Antonio though (just admission and parking included for other parks)
Product Details

Seaworld Orlando will likely be a hair more expensive because San Antonio's Seaworld is seasonally.

I've done Six Flags (roughly $60/annual pass) and their dining plan ($80) for 2 years now. Lunch, Dinner, Snack with every visit and refillable mug. But $80 for Seaworld's is much better because A) Food is better and B) Seaworld is better.

Reactions: UNIrd and Scott W.
On my last several visits since at least NYE they hadn't been using the finger scanner when I've been to the park. I figured they had already ditched it.
They seem to use it when it's less busy. when there is a huge crowd out front I think they turn it off to get people in faster.

Reactions: Journey_On
They seem to use it when it's less busy. when there is a huge crowd out front I think they turn it off to get people in faster.
Yesterday morning they just let us in.

Also, does anyone know what is going on with Antarctica? Ride was closed again yesterday. I know a few months back it was closed as well for an extended period, but if memory serves me right, it was opened again. So are they doing work on it again?

Yesterday morning they just let us in.

Also, does anyone know what is going on with Antarctica? Ride was closed again yesterday. I know a few months back it was closed as well for an extended period, but if memory serves me right, it was opened again. So are they doing work on it again?
They've been closing it during the week, which I think will stop come Thanksgiving.

They've been closing it during the week, which I think will stop come Thanksgiving.
That's odd. Does anyone know the reason? I hope it is not because they feel like saving money and that perhaps they are sprucing stuff up. Anyway, I took my parents to Seaworld yesterday, tomorrow I am taking them to Busch.

Reactions: Journey_On
I get the Six Flags dining plan every year so I was excited to see Sea World introduce one. Limiting it to one meal was a letdown but not a deal breaker.

The limitations are another matter. It is not good for ribs, brisket, combos or samplers. In other words, it is not valid for any of the good stuff. This leaves you with mainly burgers and chicken.:(

I'll pass.

I'll do it (since I live 1 mile form the park). It's easy to make it worth my while even if I just go for burgers, fajitas and the other Dining Plan options. It would be nice to have the brisket and ribs too, and they may offer that as an upcharge of a couple of bucks.

I get the Six Flags dining plan every year so I was excited to see Sea World introduce one. Limiting it to one meal was a letdown but not a deal breaker.

The limitations are another matter. It is not good for ribs, brisket, combos or samplers. In other words, it is not valid for any of the good stuff. This leaves you with mainly burgers and chicken.:(

I'll pass.
Honestly the options aren't that bad. So far I've enjoyed the fajita rice bowl and the teriyaki chicken, haven't even had a burger yet. I took some photos of the menu boards so I can plan out my lunch trips.:)

i3GWuDEl.jpg

ohvm8V2l.jpg

A0d6R3tl.jpg

rqxT076l.jpg

lLNzwfNl.jpg

RQ672IZl.jpg

Honestly the options aren't that bad. So far I've enjoyed the fajita rice bowl and the teriyaki chicken, haven't even had a burger yet. I took some photos of the menu boards so I can plan out my lunch trips.:)
Thanks for the menu boards. There is still plenty to choose from, but all of the best options are excluded.

What's interesting is there are other options around the same price point. Last time I had the brisket it wasn't that great anyway. I'm assuming you can do the upgrade for the brisket.
Six Flags used to have an option to pay a dollar or two for options not on their dining plan. They eventually dropped a couple of those items and put the rest on the dining plan.

Thanks for the menu boards. There is still plenty to choose from, but all of the best options are excluded.
The only exclusions are the 3 high dollar items at Voyagers. Anywhere else it's the whole menu. It's not like there's a lot of options excluded.

Six Flags used to have an option to pay a dollar or two for options not on their dining plan. They eventually dropped a couple of those items and put the rest on the dining plan.
Yeah I did that recently at SW with a meal voucher. I'm assuming the same is true for the dining plan. I just haven't gotten around to trying it. Honestly I love brisket but there's is pretty bad anyways and I don't usually like ribs.