SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The problem is you usually don't see them, but they're there...

I'm fairly sure there are no gators in the lake at SeaWorld, but there's also no way to make it 100% gator proof. They tend to move from one body of water to another and the canal behind SeaWorld connects to Shingle Creek. That canal runs right through my neighborhood and I know I've seen gators in there.

I agree, those damn canals in Florida.

Behindthethrills.com has a new article up on rumors for all 3 SeaWorld parks. (Behind the Thrills | Rumor Mill-SeaWorld has big plans for 2017 Keep in mind these are rumors and some if not all of the following may not come to fruition. In fact, I highly doubt some of the following occurs.

1. Kraken will receive the Virtual Reality treatment where riders will "fight a giant sea beast." A very similar experience is said to be coming to Steel Eel at SeaWorld San Antonio.
  2. A new bubble show "will take place in the Nautilus theater, and will include the Gazillion Bubble Show, which has been touring all over the country. It features huge bubble demonstrations, cool lighting effects, and of course the killer smoking bubbles. It’s like a magic show…only with bubbles. There will be other acts as well, all family friendly, but more than your typical acts like Choo Choo Soul. Instead of being aimed at toddlers, it will be aimed at ages 4-12. ... It will be a part of a new series line up, similar to SeaWorld San Diego's 'Summer Vibes' series." (Note: Originally from Screamscape, but I'm leaning towards believe this one as it will simply be contracting a third party to do what they already do. Cheap, quick, and easy.)
  3. A new nighttime spectacular named "Electric Ocean" will debut at all 3 parks this summer. "Expect water fountains, lighting effects, light fireworks, and even projection mapping."
  4. SeaWorld Orlando will get the new Shamu shows in 2019, last but not least.
  5. Journey to Atlantis will receive a major overhaul of the ride system and maybe re-tracking of the coaster section with a new element. (I highly doubt that last part.)
  6. Wild Arctic will receive a lot of attention. The old Polar Bear exhibit will have a larger pool to better accommodate the current residents. Also, "a new ride film [will be] brought in for the ride, along with an upgrade to the outdated ride system. The new ride would be 3D and have several different variants that would ensure for a different experience every time you ride." (I highly doubt everything except a new film.)

There's the hopeful list of improvements everyone wants, but no-one truly believes we will receive, and the above is just a conservative wish list.

Reactions: anihilnation
A new nighttime spectacular named "Electric Ocean" will debut at all 3 parks this summer. "Expect water fountains, lighting effects, light fireworks, and even projection mapping."

If this would be anything like the old nighttime thing they used to do at SeaWorld Ohio with the newer tech available these days it could actually be cool. If it happens, of course. Did they ever do something at SW here with laser projections on mist screens and what not when the ski stadium was still in use? The show at SW Ohio used that area for it, from what I recall. The fountains they already have in the lake are beautiful, and seem kind of under appreciated IMO, so if they were to be a feature of a nighttime show that would be great.

If this would be anything like the old nighttime thing they used to do at SeaWorld Ohio with the newer tech available these days it could actually be cool. If it happens, of course. Did they ever do something at SW here with laser projections on mist screens and what not when the ski stadium was still in use? The show at SW Ohio used that area for it, from what I recall. The fountains they already have in the lake are beautiful, and seem kind of under appreciated IMO, so if they were to be a feature of a nighttime show that would be great.

They have done summer and Christmas shows with fountains and fireworks before. The projection mapping is new and that would make it pretty cool. Sea world night shows are OK. Nothing to write home about. The tree lighting is pretty cool and awesome though. Always loved that part.

Didn't wanna make a new thread but have a Seaworld Question.

I am taking my brother and his girlfriend to seaworld this weekend because of the free ticket benefit and noticed unlimited quick queue was only $17. Are the wait times gunna be walk on? Because as long as they wouldn't be walk on I would be willing to get the quick queue since the last time he was there he was 4 back in '97.

Didn't wanna make a new thread but have a Seaworld Question.

I am taking my brother and his girlfriend to seaworld this weekend because of the free ticket benefit and noticed unlimited quick queue was only $17. Are the wait times gunna be walk on? Because as long as they wouldn't be walk on I would be willing to get the quick queue since the last time he was there he was 4 back in '97.
Probably not walk on since it will be weekend.

Reactions: sjago13
Probably not walk on since it will be weekend.

Yeah not walk ons, but probably 20 or less minute waits for most rides. Kraken will be walk on. Mako will be about 10 or 15. Manta being the longest and my guess is 20 with maybe a peak of 30. It is September, so slower season. Only thing bringing locals right now is the bring a friend tickets.

Reactions: sjago13
I felt this part of the Kraken article was more appropriate here.

Kraken’s changes will be among $175 million worth of additions that SeaWorld Entertainment is announcing throughout its theme parks. In Orlando, that includes a remodeling of the Dolphin Nursery to allow underwater viewing, and a new Food and Wine-style festival.

So originally I thought it was the dolphin enclosure that was getting re-done which makes sense because there is no above water up close area that is good for seeing the dolphins. But nope, it is just the Nursery. Which while cool, I feel it not as cool as I thought it would be. Especially since the Nursery lately has not been baby dolphins. They are rotating out 2 year old dolphins with their moms. So meh, we already have dolphin underwater viewing.

Now the food & wine I think will be a HUGE hit among locals. Sea World excels at free events and I think they could do a really good job with this one. I am excited to see what they come up with to make it different from Epcot.

Kraken at first I didn't like, but it seems it will be attached to the coaster and optional. So I am hoping how they attach it will make it faster at load time and if you don't want to do it the new way, you can still do the old way which should also help for load time since not everyone will do it.

SeaWorld will debut virtual reality roller coaster - Orlando Sentinel

Looks like this is basically what's happening:
  • Kraken VR: Kraken VR | Orlando United Forums
  • Dolphin Nursery Renovation: concrete replaced with acrylic windows; digital displays will teach about behavior, biology, and conservation; new slide-out and lifting floor to provide easier access for employees to dolphins
  • Seven Seas Festival: food and wine festival; space dedicated to events will expand
  • Flamecraft Bar: next to SeaFire Grill; opens in May; 16 season craft brews; outdoor seating
  • Electric Ocean: new nighttime summer show; includes bioluminescent lighting, music, fountains, live performances, and a fireworks finale; part of show on water at Bayside Theater; "lighting is a key component;" rumored to include projection mapping
  • Aquatica Passholder Lounge: open by Easter; private entrance to Banana Beach and private animal encounters
  • New Nautilus Theater Show: will run from Memorial Day through Labor Day
    A new bubble show "will take place in the Nautilus theater, and will include the Gazillion Bubble Show, which has been touring all over the country. It features huge bubble demonstrations, cool lighting effects, and of course the killer smoking bubbles. It’s like a magic show…only with bubbles. There will be other acts as well, all family friendly, but more than your typical acts like Choo Choo Soul. Instead of being aimed at toddlers, it will be aimed at ages 4-12. ... It will be a part of a new series line up, similar to SeaWorld San Diego's 'Summer Vibes' series." (Note: Originally from Screamscape, but I'm leaning towards believe this one as it will simply be contracting a third party to do what they already do. Cheap, quick, and easy.)
    • Keep in mind this rumor from a few posts back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Journey_On
Liked the interview Brian. So 8 new experiences, though only five are known: kraken, dolphin, summer festival, seven seas festival and Nautilus. What interests me is how in the interview you did he mentioned the symbiotic relationship between Kraken and Atlantis, so I guess an Atlantis refurb is still in the books, but probably not until after Kraken.