Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, someone mentioned Sony Pictures being worked into a Toon Lagoon refresh earlier here. The more I think about that idea, the more I love it, despite those IPs possibly not aging well. Imagine a Dudley/Popeye overlay going through the food world in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.
Cloudy-With-a-Chance-of-Meatballs-2-Trailer.jpg

Also, Hotel Transylvania could make for a decent buffer from the colorful world of Toon Lagoon to the dark temple of Skull Island.

So, I had never pondered the toon theater before. Is that building at the bottom left the dressing rooms for the theater? It's very similar to what sinbad has with the awning breezeways.

If so, what is it used for when nothing is happening at the theater, which is most of the time?

SLOP_zpsey89xnic.jpg
It's the entertainment trailer for the Marvel and Toon Lagoon characters.

Reactions: darkridelover
So... this is a way-too-early assumption but Oceaneering would presumably be the ride manufacturer, yes?

That would be super awkward for SeaWorld for Universal to take the same tech next door and show how to REALLY use it.

So... this is a way-too-early assumption but Oceaneering would presumably be the ride manufacturer, yes?

That would be super awkward for SeaWorld for Universal to take the same tech next door and show how to REALLY use it.
Well Disney is supposedly bringing a trackless ride with Star Wars supposedly so SeaWorld will just have to be doubly embarrassed now.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Honestly, Disney should be embarrassed that they've had the tech operating for over 15 years now in an overseas park and NOW it's set to debut stateside a few years down the line.

Even worse is how it's technically debuting next year at DCA... as a flat ride.

I think the movies going to do very well. Toy Story with pets sounds like a winning combination to me!
It's such a good, simple recipe. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been done before.

I know we've had Nemo and Bolt (?) from Disney, as well as many other talking animal IPs. But nothing directly related to people and their pets.

Reactions: Mad Dog
At first, I believe it was an Rocky and Bullwinkle show that was moved from USF to IOA (Could be wrong) and then was turned to an seasonal venue until the AgroCircus crew came in for a short period of time. After that, its now just rotting, being a waste of space.

That sounds familiar.

I probably have it on video somewhere from my first IoA trip just a few weeks after it opened - I filmed a lot of the shows back then.

Google maps at 50 ft. I was shocked that I could fit this there. I hope you can read sideways.

Perspective helps ehh?

SLOP_zpsey89xnic.jpg

And that attraction lasts, what, 128 minutes?

It's a huge space granted, is that the Spiderman building to the right? I'd say that again would just about fit.

Is there anything in the area covered by trees next to the lagoon in-front of the area you've drawn?
If not, moving the path out to a lagoon side path would open up even more space.

Is there anything in the area covered by trees next to the lagoon in-front of the area you've drawn?
If not, moving the path out to a lagoon side path would open up even more space.

Yes, Bilge Rat Barges raft ride. That isn't going anywhere for a while. I think they have enough room to do what they need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.