Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can easily see the Toon Lagoon area being slowly rethemed yet keeping its name. The fact that it's already a jumbled group of IPs make the transition much easier. You can just replace one IP at a time.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
While I'm excited about King Kong, I'm disappointed that it breaks the literature theme of IOA. Weren't all of the islands in some form print before becoming a movie or television show?
this has been mentioned in the previous pages of this topic. It's a dumb reason to keep away good ideas and attractions. Really puts limits on imagination.

That and the general park goer doesn't even know this fact. So why stick to something that no one knows about.

Sorry, I didn't see it mentioned previously. And I'm not saying I'm against the idea. I'm all for adding new attractions. I just liked being able to tell guests that USF is about the movies and IOA is based on literature. IOA is my favorite park and I'm excited to see what UC does with it.

While I'm excited about King Kong, I'm disappointed that it breaks the literature theme of IOA. Weren't all of the islands in some form print before becoming a movie or television show?

That was always kind of a slant rule. Dudley Do-Right started off on the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show, so he was a TV character not a literature character. Things like Jurassic Park and Harry Potter were books, but they're also clearly based off their movie counterparts, and The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man was based off the 90s cartoon version of the character.

This irritates the hell out of me.
I feel like they have no flow to their lands anymore and nobody will tell me different. But too late. I just try to enjoy everything without thinking too much about it

They have severe space constraints. Disneyland suffers from the same thing where it's one attraction on top of another. I am happy that there will now be a little less dead space between Marvel and Kong.

That is silly. Their old identity was at one time as non-competitive theme parks. I am fine with them losing that distinction.

This 1billionX yes!

Reactions: Derek R
They have severe space constraints. Disneyland suffers from the same thing where it's one attraction on top of another. I am happy that there will now be a little less dead space between Marvel and Kong.

Yea. Disneyland and, to a lesser extent DCA, have this problem. Things just run into each other.

And I'd still argue Comic Book City -> Cartoon City -> Cartoon Land is a pretty dang good flow.

A lot of people are just assuming that they'll rip out the old Toon Lagoon rides when the retheme happens. What if they just get rethemed too?

I wouldn't mind Dudley getting the full axe, but Popeye's would be a damn shame. It's such a great rapids ride. I know Universal was flirting with Smurfs, which is Sony Pictures Animation. If they could scoop up "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs", that would make for a hilarious and awesome rapids ride. SPA also comes with Hotel Tranyslvania, which lends itself to a dark ride much like SLoP, so I'm not sure what they can do with that, but it's something.

Either way one of the two needs to stay, and rapids would make the most sense regarding its awkward "on the lagoon" location. Plus even though it's a problem having all the water rides back there, it would be pretty foolish for Universal to scrap both and leave JPRA as the only soaker in the resort. I know Volcano Bay will exist by then, but of course people wouldn't hop back and forth... or well, they shouldn't.

Reactions: Cheezbat
I wouldn't mind Dudley getting the full axe, but Popeye's would be a damn shame. It's such a great rapids ride. I know Universal was flirting with Smurfs, which is Sony Pictures Animation. If they could scoop up "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs", that would make for a hilarious and awesome rapids ride. SPA also comes with Hotel Tranyslvania, which lends itself to a dark ride much like SLoP, so I'm not sure what they can do with that, but it's something.

Either way one of the two needs to stay, and rapids would make the most sense regarding its awkward "on the lagoon" location. Plus even though it's a problem having all the water rides back there, it would be pretty foolish for Universal to scrap both and leave JPRA as the only soaker in the resort. I know Volcano Bay will exist by then, but of course people wouldn't hop back and forth... or well, they shouldn't.

I think the Smurf's rumor just needs to die. It was a survey I got and I posted it on here. It talked about a Seuss ride and a Smurf ride. Beyond that survey there was no real information from any insider. So unlike SLOP, this was a true rumor that will never come true, nor should it. I think the only reason people latched onto it at all was that the movie was fairly new at that point and it was a dark ride that everyone really wants for Uni.

A lot of people are just assuming that they'll rip out the old Toon Lagoon rides when the retheme happens. What if they just get rethemed too?

Ripsaw and Popeye's, due to their connection with the lagoon, are so deeply integrated into the infrastructure of that island, i doubt they would remove those rides in a re-theme. Not saying it's impossible, but that island's unique water system isn't a simple bulldoze-and-rebuild situation.

Reactions: SeventyOne
So catching up on all of this, a couple things come to mind.

1. A trackless darkride with a bunch of AA's? I'm totally down with that.
&
2. Looking at this, what's already coming etc. I remember when Comcast bought Universal and people on other places thought it was a terrible thing for the parks. Yet they've proven to be quite a saivor since when it comes to any of these upcomming additions (or recently added attractions for the matter), Blackstone would've either A. Take forever just to add one of the attractions or B. Not add any of these period.

What's been going on here is insane, but dear lord what a time is it to be a fan of the parks.

So, I had never pondered the toon theater before. Is that building at the bottom left the dressing rooms for the theater? It's very similar to what sinbad has with the awning breezeways.

If so, what is it used for when nothing is happening at the theater, which is most of the time?

SLOP_zpsey89xnic.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.