Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, it may be interesting to say that this is the first time we will see the MarioKart ride system in full-action if the rumors for that are to be true.

As someone whos had some time to swallow this; I full on LOVE the fact that they are starting to fix Toon Lagoon with something like this. It makes sense in both synergizing and for adding something in the market that is entirely driven for the 'familys'. Hell; if you want to call it, 2017 could be Universals most diverse year in terms of an lineup.

You have Volcano Bay which will entice the entire family, both thrill seekers and younglings to be there. You have Fast and Furious, which will bring the teen demographic right too it, giving more thrill for what it is. Then Fallon (like it or not) will give an more..hopefully adult market of Late-Night TV viewers a chance to watch and then finally, this will bring the kids and parents all to that corner allowing some really good crowd options to go for.

Then to add on, the experiences from 2016 and the saying that more is coming will get people extremely considering even outside of Florida to get passes to come here more often, due to the ever-evolving process that Universal has been doing, whether out the parks with the hotels or with in the parks with these IPs.

Can't wait for this ride in short terms, but this is going to help Universal in the long run.
Its the "Universal Blitzkrieg"

Reactions: anihilnation
How would that work with a trackless ride, though. Have multi-level trackless rides been achieved yet?

You can basically do transformers elevators and remove the track from that. I'm sure its dicey having steep ramps unless there is anti rollback but you could also have escalator type things that the vehicles can move onto or other things that if you offered me money to come up with I would sit around and figure it out.

Hell, its in New York in various apartments... you can literally have the ride vehicle drive into a fully enclosed elevator and basically build a real apartment building where you can go to the different floors partacking in whatever animal hijinks that will occur in the movie.

One thing I'm not a fan of is that US and IOA seem to be blending together too much, almost losing their own identity. We're getting a fantasy world complete with a castle... in Universal Studios. And a family dark ride based off one of Universal's own animated IPs taking place in modern day New York... in Islands of Adventure. Does that seem a bit weird to anyone else?
This irritates the hell out of me.
I feel like they have no flow to their lands anymore and nobody will tell me different. But too late. I just try to enjoy everything without thinking too much about it

Source then? Especially since there has been no word of this anywhere until you started waving flags.

I obviously can't give you a "source". That's how this works. But it is happening, I can corroborate the trackless portion of what Uknown said.

For the record I did not start this. Teebin has mentioned it in the past. Orlando Informer posted the blog post. Unknown on OI's forums post about the trackless dark ride with AAs opening in 2017.

The thing is with this time frame it only gives Universal Creative 1 year and a half to demolish the theater, build the show building, retheme the area, test and prepare the ride for operation. That and the movie hasn't even been released yet, if it's a dud what the hell is the company going to do with it then? It doesn't sound real to me sorry, at least not yet.

Google maps at 50 ft. I was shocked that I could fit this there. I hope you can read sideways.

Perspective helps ehh?

SLOP_zpsey89xnic.jpg

And that attraction lasts, what, 128 minutes?

The thing is with this time frame it only gives Universal Creative 1 year and a half to demolish the theater, build the show building, retheme the area, test and prepare the ride for operation. That and the movie hasn't even been released yet, if it's a dud what the hell is the company going to do with it then? It doesn't sound real to me sorry, at least not yet.

I can't confirm the 2017 date. But it is happening and will start before the film is released. If it bombs they're at least getting a really good ride out of it.

Universal Resort is so egar to open up attractions and I hope they are not losing the bigger picture. Give me well detailed lands with appropriate rides for each land/area.

I can't confirm the 2017 date. But it is happening and will start before the film is released. If it bombs they're at least getting a really good ride out of it.
If it were to open in 2018 or later then fine, it's just I don't see it happening in 2017.

You sound pretty confident, which is exciting! Is that based on inside information and details that you (understandably) cannot share, or just an assumption?

You're getting that. SLoP won't be part of Toon Lagoon. Not really. And once Toon Lagoon is rethemed it'll be folded into that land.
Hopefully this is temporary, as you imply it will be. While the ride sounds like it'll be a great addition, I'm not a fan of Kong seemingly occupying its own themed bubble outside of the actual islands, and it appears this one is going to be the same kind of thing.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
You sound pretty confident, which is exciting! Is that based on inside information and details that you (understandably) cannot share, or just an assumption?

A lot from column AA, some from column B. I don't know as much as Unknown seems to, but what I've been told is exciting.

Hopefully this is temporary, as you imply it will be. While the ride sounds like it'll be a great addition, I'm not a fan of Kong seemingly occupying its own themed bubble outside of the actual islands, and it appears this one is going to be the same kind of thing.

Toon Lagoon is on borrowed time. I think we all realize that. Illumination is as good of a replacement as any.

Skull Island is the 8th Island technically...

Status
Not open for further replies.