Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's slightly nonsensical that the timeline goes:

2014: Diagon Alley/Cabana Bay
2015: Nothing.
2016: Kong/Sapphire Falls
2017: Fast & Furious/Race Thru New York/Volcano Bay/Dogs and Cats Living Together... Mass Hysteria

They should've spread some of that love over to this year since it's the 25th Anniversary and all but 2017 looks jam packed. Don't Cabana's new towers open then too? They're going to need another hotel up sooner than later.

Reactions: Ryan
Skull Island is the 8th Island technically...
Only technically. Universal can call it whatever they want, but it's pretty much just going to be a ride (with a beautifully, incredibly themed exterior, to be sure), and with very little (if any) of the traditional "extras" that go into filling out a full "land."

To UNINerd,

If I was to make some changes,

2015: NBCSports
2016: HelloKitty, Kong, Hulk, Sapphire
2017: TSLoP, F&F, Fallon, VB
2018: Nintendo
2019: ???
2020: ???

If it goes to plan, we will see five major attractions (not including Nintendos ride-count) added to Universal Orlando, counting the elephant that is Volcano Bay and the othe elephants of possible Avengers/Toon Lagoon refreshings after TSLoP, it will be interesting.

And looking at Teebins diagram of the size of this plot; it makes me think it will not be a multi-floored ride. Atleast, in my perspective, and they could place the ride above or below the street to make it work but that's doubtful.

Only technically. Universal can call it whatever they want, but it's pretty much just going to be a ride (with a beautifully, incredibly themed exterior, to be sure), and with very little (if any) of the traditional "extras" that go into filling out a full "land."
It's an Island at "Islands of Adventure" not every Island has to be a full land when it's kind of a smaller park.

It's an Island at "Islands of Adventure" not every Island has to be a full land when it's kind of a smaller park.

It's by no means a deal-breaker, and I won't go on about how it "compromises the integrity of the park!" or something like that, but I do think it will kind of stick out in comparison to the other islands as being sort of the "odd man out."

I think the ride is going to be great enough to overcome this, however.

Atleast, in my perspective, and they could place the ride above or below the street to make it work but that's doubtful.

Alex, the walkway in front of Toon theater is street level. So is the backstage road. The only reason that area rises up is because they heaped the sand really high to create an amphitheater. They will carve all of that out so that it is flat as a pancake. Perhaps you know this but I had to clarify.

Reactions: Jon84
The thing is with this time frame it only gives Universal Creative 1 year and a half to demolish the theater, build the show building, retheme the area, test and prepare the ride for operation. That and the movie hasn't even been released yet, if it's a dud what the hell is the company going to do with it then? It doesn't sound real to me sorry, at least not yet.

My math says that they two full years to get this open in time for Holidays 2017.

I think this movie is going to be a monster, but agree that the fact this appears to be greenlit before the movie is in theaters seems odd. This rumor does seem to be corroborated by a few different sources though. Is there any chance this is one of those mole hunt rumors that come up from time to time where they are trying to find who is leaking info? Put a big rumor out to multiple sources with slightly different info to see which version becomes public?

While this is really exciting, I cant help but be more intrigued by the lands retheme. So many questions.

OI indicated two options:
1. Super Silly Fun Land -
  • Makes sense if they are removing 2 of IOA's water rides.
  • Would be kinda weird if they only do DM and SLoP.
2. A combination of Hotel Transylvania, Peanuts, SLoP, Smurfs.
  • Realistic update of Toon Lagoon
  • Compensate for Kid's Zone
  • Is there enough room for that many IPs?

The best part about everything the insiders have said so far, which has me sold on this attraction: the lack of the term "3D".

And I totally get people intially seeing this and their instant reaction being, "Yeah, right!" That was my initial reaction, and then I saw how many people that I trust and are in the know backing that up, had to take a minute to think it over.

When you hear numerous people talk vaguely about how Universal is currently changing the nature of the theme park game, this is it. Right here. Keep in mind that this was not officially announced by Universal, and they definitely won't do so until after SLoP hits theaters. The idea here is to immediately punctuate it with, "You loved it, and it's already coming to Universal Studios late next year. Boom."

While this is really exciting, I cant help but be more intrigued by the lands retheme. So many questions.

OI indicated two options:
1. Super Silly Fun Land -
  • Makes sense if they are removing 2 of IOA's water rides.
  • Would be kinda weird if they only do DM and SLoP.
2. A combination of Hotel Transylvania, Peanuts, SLoP, Smurfs.
  • Realistic update of Toon Lagoon
  • Compensate for Kid's Zone
  • Is there enough room for that many IPs?
I'm curious if Illumination's Sing could be adapted into a stage or animatronic show if it's successful enough next Christmas. It could be the park's own Country Bear Jamboree.

Everyone seems to be commenting on how the two parks seem to be losing their identity. Is it possible that, at some point, Universal might combine the two parks into one, big Universal "World"?

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Everyone seems to be commenting on how the two parks seem to be losing their identity. Is it possible that, at some point, Universal might combine the two parks into one, big Universal "World"?

No. Having two parks is essential to add to the idea of Universal being a resort that can compete with Disney's experience, this is going to shortly include Volcano Bay. Not to mention the two-park tickets and such. To meld the two would be a poor business decision.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Status
Not open for further replies.