Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The headline about this weekend's box office from a Disney site :lol::
The Secret Life of Pets breaks box office records despite being average
They're always high on :pixie:. Nothing that Universal does will even be able to equal Stitch in their eyes.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with being average as long as it is well done.

Agreed, but it is not well done.

Anyways, Secret Life of Pets is mirroring Minions' box office run, which slipped from a possible huger run domestically due to slightly mediocre WOM. Nevertheless, the film should make just over 300 million dollars and has a good shot of doing a billion worldwide. The good news is that this attraction will be making headway long before a sequel comes out in the case that happens to fall short.

Reactions: Clive and Mike S
A $40M-ish launch is not ideal for a film of this magnitude, furthermore, without question, many are expecting Ghostbusters to be whipped by the second weekend of Illumination Entertainment/Universal’s The Secret Life of Pets which is looking at $50M-$60M, a 43% to 52% decline in number one. Should Ghostbusters open north of $39.1M (which is what Feig and McCarthy’s The Heat opened to), it will be immediately heralded as the director and leading lady’s best opening ever.

‘Secret Life of Pets’ Will Beat ‘Ghostbusters’ At Weekend Box Office | Deadline

I am currently standing in Pet Smart. The SLoP promotion here is all over and specifically tied to the different departments in the store. They went all out to promote to pet owners.

Reactions: Mike S
Agree. There seems to be an expectation that every big blockbuster that comes out has a requirement to break new ground in some way. Personally, I just want to be entertained.
The only reason I stuck around to finish The Force Awakens was to see Luke, so I didn't even get entertained out of it. All forum criticisms towards Avatar are now moot IMO.

The only thing about this movie I care about is getting a good family dark ride out of it, because UNI needs one.

We'll see how much legs the film has...

50269098.jpg

SLoP was up 29% day to day. Percentage wise still keeping identical pace to Minions for after opening weekend. Not an opening weekend fluke.

Discount Tuesday at many theaters across the nation. Also Minions actually did not have as great legs as it should have with its OW. That's why it did less domestically than Inside Out, which had a higher OW.

If SLoP does similar business to Minions, it will miss $300 mil and have a 2.8 multiplier to make out about $285 to $290. Still a very good gross, but a sign that the public may have not been as jazzed overall after seeing as they were prior to seeing it. The thing to really pay attention to is if the attraction makes a billion worldwide.

Again: this means absolutely nothing in regards to this attraction as that train has fully left the station since Sunday morning, and nothing is stopping it. But I am still curious to see how Pets manages as a franchise.

Minions multiplier was over 2.9. Even at that point it does over $300 million. We'll pretty much know after this weekend. If it beats Ghostbusters, $300, is pretty much a lock. Ice Age in a couple weekends could slow it down, but even that is a big maybe as that series seems to be played out.

Reactions: Mike S
SLoP after 6 reported box office days is ahead of both Inside Out and Zootopia at their six day point.

I'm pulling for SLoP to knock the crap out of both!! I will personally contributing to their second with me and 5 other family members. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: x $16 = $96 contributed to the hundreds of millions :clap:

EDIT: I love both of those movies, but I just really want Universal to go crazy for the Orlando ride (above and beyond Hollywood's version).

Reactions: misterID and Mike S
Status
Not open for further replies.