Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There is a food cart not far from the Camp Jurassic entrance. Love to get a beer there (wish they had better beers), sit at the entrance of CJ, and listen to my absolutely soaked kid come by an hour later with tales of the water cannon fights that were held within.

Reactions: Mad Dog and tielo
There should be a grinch ride with an ending similar to ET but instead of thanking you the Grinch is reading from the Greater WhoVille Directory and says “your name here, I HATE YOU!!”

In all fairness, I’d love to see the Jim Carrey version of the Grinch given an attraction, as that is the version that was used for grinchmas and has seemingly already done quite well. It’s also the version that most adults will enjoy along with the kids due to all of the innuendos and tongue-in-cheek humor. As for the plot of a ride, I’m torn as to whether you’d be helping the Grinch or trying to get away from him. Maybe it’s a coaster and the Grinch enlists you to ride down to whoville and steal Christmas with him. I’d love to see something like a cross between the Matterhorn and SDMT

There is a food cart not far from the Camp Jurassic entrance. Love to get a beer there (wish they had better beers), sit at the entrance of CJ, and listen to my absolutely soaked kid come by an hour later with tales of the water cannon fights that were held within.
If you go back a little just past the entrance to Kong (the hot dog kiosk between Kong and the Toon Lagoon sign), they have Psuedo Sue, which is one of the highest rated APAs in the world. Don’t know if that fits your tastes, but it’s basically the only thing I’ll get in IOA.

It flies under the radar because it’s hard to make out the logo on the menu board and isn’t recognizable. It’s basically only there because it has a dinosaur on the can.

How many people a day have to queue for a grinch meet until Universal adds a grinch attraction ? IOA is strapped on space, can't stress enough how important Lost Continent really is. Seuss Landing definitely could use a revamp above any other island. I would love a "Grinch Grinches the Cat in the Hat" dark ride to replace Cat in the Hat. All of the lost continent could be Whoville, with Mt. Crumpit and a possible "Dumpit to Crumpit" coaster and/or "Halloween is Grinch Night" dark ride. Grinch is arguably Seuss's greatest character. I don't know how UNI execs see the popularity of Grinch and don't find a way to fit him into a year round attraction. Really wish IOA would've stuck to storytelling themes, but Seuss license seems the most logical Lost Continent answer imo...

Reactions: Suprachica79
I definitely agree that the Mt. Crumpit ride is a great idea. As a Nintendo fan though, the prospect of Hyrule joining the IoA roster trumps my love for the Grinch. :lmao: Zelda in Lost Continent just fits too well.

What does the plot behind Cat and One Fish look like backstage? That area currently accessible for guests is pretty grody and poorly maintained. Is there space enough for anything back there?

I definitely agree that the Mt. Crumpit ride is a great idea. As a Nintendo fan though, the prospect of Hyrule joining the IoA roster trumps my love for the Grinch. :lmao: Zelda in Lost Continent just fits too well.

What does the plot behind Cat and One Fish look like backstage? That area currently accessible for guests is pretty grody and poorly maintained. Is there space enough for anything back there?
That’s where it was supposed to go.

Wish they would just pull the trigger on it already, such a great idea that seems like an absolute no brainer.
It's a wonderful evergreen idea that will be very popular, but because of that, I think it'll be just as popular in about 10 years. IoA has already gotten a lot of redevelopment recently and already has Zelda on the schedule too. There is so much of USF that needs attention, and Suess Landing already has quite a bit going for it currently.

A Mt. Crumpit ride/coaster would be fantastic. I'm such a big Grinch fan that it would probably become my favorite ride on property :lmao:

But, Universal really needs to focus on Lost Continent, Toon Lagoon Theater, FFL, and Simpsons before considering a Grinch attraction or any type of Seuss expansion. As @GA-MBIT pointed out, the Grinch's popularity probably won't dwindle for a very long time. Just look at the wait times to meet the Grinch on both Coasts lmao.