Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
maybe even another playground area (without the water).
This is the last thing a theme park needs. Sorry not sorry. Go take kids to a park playground for FREE. If I had a kid, it'd be a cold eternal winter in Hell before I spent the ticket prices just so they can play on a playground.

As for a non-Grinchmas show for the land... I mean come on, one already exists- "Seuss-ical The Musical"!!

This is the last thing a theme park needs. Sorry not sorry. Go take kids to a park playground for FREE. If I had a kid, it'd be a cold eternal winter in Hell before I spent the ticket prices just so they can play on a playground.
No matter what, if (especially younger) kids see a playground they'll use it. Not that I'm advocating for one, but kids like what they like. You can build an elaborate dark ride that has lots of kid appeal, but most kids will opt for the simpler things. The Camp Jurassic and Curious George play areas are quite popular with families.

Yep, let me make a long reply. . .

If I had a kid. . .
oh, this person doesn't know what they are talking about lol. It's a reason why lots of european parks always feature play areas AND a lot of rides feature play areas instead of lines. Kids love to play and those play areas as play areas are perfect breaks for the adults that brought them as well. The majority pf parks are trying to bring in the entire family, from the babies to the baby boomers. Play areas are crucial to a well rounded park.

That wasn't very long. And again, from a financial perspective, sure it's easy $$$$ for the parks, but such a waste of money to just go play on a playground.

Have we forgotten already how much it costs to go? Plus travel & hotel? Just saying... thats the most expensive playground

That wasn't very long. And again, from a financial perspective, sure it's easy $$$$ for the parks, but such a waste of money to just go play on a playground.

Have we forgotten already how much it costs to go? Plus travel & hotel? Just saying... thats the most expensive playground
I think you are not wrong as small kids will be more happy in Legonland, Peppa Pig or a good playground than in a high quality, loud, over stimulating theme park. I've seen the fun drained out of kids who wanted to stay playing in the circus tent instead of doing the Dumbo ride. I've seen kids being pulled away by their parents to catch a lunch reservation although they wanted to watch the birds at AK.
But you lose sight of what a family is, it's a group with different ages and a park should at least cater something to all of them and when you go with a family you want to have all ages in your group have a fun time.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I think you are not wrong as small kids will be more happy in Legonland, Peppa Pig or a good playground than in a high quality, loud, over stimulating theme park. I've seen the fun drained out of kids who wanted to stay playing in the circus tent instead of doing the Dumbo ride. I've seen kids being pulled away by their parents to catch a lunch reservation although they wanted to watch the birds at AK.
But you lose sight of what a family is, it's a group with different ages and a park should at least cater something to all of them and when you go with a family you want to have all ages in your group have a fun time.
Yes....just like the young kids that would often rather play in the hotel pool than go back to the park. Often, it's the parents, more than the young kids, that want to combat ride the attractions for 12 hours, rather than do 6 to 8 leisurely hours in the parks, with a afternoon cool down relaxing break ion the pool.

Reactions: tielo and Nico

Families need well rounded offerings or they don’t come. Child swap, E, D, C tickets exist so EVERYONE has something to do. Your logic is flawed.

While I can get the existential frustration of young children preferring to spend time on playgrounds versus high tech family rides, the reality has always been this way - kids need open, free form spaces to let off steam, especially when theme parks have so much rigid structure in their DNA. When I was a kid, Curious George, Camp Jurassic, The Olive - all rocked.

With that said - Seuss Landing does not need another playground! It already has one! The park was ostensibly designed with the understanding that many of its premiere rides were not appropriate for younger children, so they built *three* play areas, two of them extremely elaborate. (The Olive used to have more to do, but the lawyers decimated the crawl spaces.) I think the kids have enough play areas across both parks, and I suspect Epic Universe will also include sufficient play space between Nintendo and Dragons.

While I can get the existential frustration of young children preferring to spend time on playgrounds versus high tech family rides, the reality has always been this way - kids need open, free form spaces to let off steam, especially when theme parks have so much rigid structure in their DNA. When I was a kid, Curious George, Camp Jurassic, The Olive - all rocked.

With that said - Seuss Landing does not need another playground! It already has one! The park was ostensibly designed with the understanding that many of its premiere rides were not appropriate for younger children, so they built *three* play areas, two of them extremely elaborate. (The Olive used to have more to do, but the lawyers decimated the crawl spaces.) I think the kids have enough play areas across both parks, and I suspect Epic Universe will also include sufficient play space between Nintendo and Dragons.
I would be okay with a play area replacing the Toon Lagoon Amphitheater or the Sinbad theater. But other than that.. yeah, they're good lol.

I didn't realize The Olive used to have even more!

As someone who has taken his kids to many theme and amusement parks over the years, a playground in the park is a godsend. Kids aren't going to spend their entire day there. But an hour where they can run around and blow off some steam on a day where we dragged them out of bed early to stand in the line for the bus from the hotel to the park, to then stand in line to get through security checkpoint, to then stand in line waiting for the gates to open, to then stand in line for every ride, show, and churro stand, all while sights and sounds and smells and other sensory inputs are blasted at them everywhere they turn, is essential to help prevent meltdowns (both for the kids and parents). One parent, or a grandparent, can sit with a coffee and watch them while the other parent single-riders a favorite ride. Then they swap duties. After 45 minutes to an hour, the kid(s) are ready to do something else.

Slow, boring, unpopular rides you might not otherwise ride like a train ride, PeopleMover, Living with the Land, or Fast and Furious Supercharged are great for combating sensory overload as well.

Reactions: Nico

Taking a guess you haven't visited parks with kids have you?

Does Seuss need a playground? Probably not. Could IOA use another, possibly located in MSHI or something? Sure!

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Yes....just like the young kids that would often rather play in the hotel pool than go back to the park. Often, it's the parents, more than the young kids, that want to combat ride the attractions for 12 hours, rather than do 6 to 8 leisurely hours in the parks, with a afternoon cool down relaxing break ion the pool.
This is the best way to experience the parks. In bite-size amounts. No one gets over tired. No one gets bored.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The playgrounds are as much for the adults as they are for the kids. I don’t want to say someone’s opinion isn’t valid but until you’ve been to a theme park all day with a handful of 3-6 year olds, you don’t really understand the value of “go run around over there” and having 15-20 minutes of quiet time.

The counter to “we paid a lot to come here so we’re not wasting it on a playground” is that those 15-20 minutes are really valuable. Putting a bar next to one is just a tad too obvious.