Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not necessarily the best thread to bump for this, but TMs were asking guests exiting Cat in the Hat to take a survey about it today.

I was picked, and made a point to say in my responses that I think Universal's parks need more dark rides in that style.
I really, really hope that Universal is looking into options to keep CitH around long term. Was surprised how much I liked it on my first (and only) ride.

Not that its going to make or break our trip coming up in 3 weeks but any word on if the caro-seuss-el will be open soon? Last update I saw was from August saying plan was to have it open by holidays. My little one enjoys a good merry go round and was hoping it would be back up in running.

Does anyone have any information on the stage behind the cat in the hat building? I was wandering around a few days ago and I never noticed this space before. It seems like it hasn't been used in years.

It’s never really been used publicly. They use to put the Mount Crumpit slide in that location. That area is also a VIP entrance to Islands (the drop off is there), so that stage may be used more for individual welcomes.

It’s never really been used publicly. They use to put the Mount Crumpit slide in that location. That area is also a VIP entrance to Islands (the drop off is there), so that stage may be used more for individual welcomes.
I had to Google after you said that - I had no idea a Mount Crumpit slide ever existed.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
I'm sure there's video/documentation somewhere, but they also held the Grinchmas show on that stage for at least one year. (Source: I saw it. Standing room only, rough sight lines. Glad they moved it to a proper venue!)
I also saw the outdoor show in 2010, I believe.

Here's a short video from 2011 showing the outdoor version:

Reactions: shiekra38