Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Shanghai Disneyland

Would Zootopia there take the place of their reserved space for a mountain (Everest clone?) in the back of SDL’s Fantasyland? Or somewhere else?

It seems like this Zootopia debate is going around circles with some people cool with it like me and others saying it’s a bad idea. :afraid::bored:

It seems like this Zootopia debate is going around circles with some people cool with it like me and others saying it’s a bad idea. :afraid::bored:
I think adding Zootopia to Shainghai is great. DAK, no. DAK is all about educating people by showing animals in their natural environments. That is why they took so much care in building the Savannah. Sloths working at the DMV and driving vehicles is the opposite of that. Zootopia would work great at MK or DHS. Would you be OK with them putting Zootopia between China and Germany in World Showcase?

I think adding Zootopia to Shainghai is great. DAK, no. DAK is all about educating people by showing animals in their natural environments. That is why they took so much care in building the Savannah. Sloths working at the DMV and driving vehicles is the opposite of that. Zootopia would work great at MK or DHS. Would you be OK with them putting Zootopia between China and Germany in World Showcase?
Honestly it’s not like they tons of IPs they can work with that fit AK. Zootopia can easily be integrated with a message of education and conservation even though that is not what the movie is about. It might work in DHS but doesn’t belong in MK in my opinion. I think your reaching a little with the World Showcase argument.

Honestly it’s not like they tons of IPs they can work with that fit AK. Zootopia can easily be integrated with a message of education and conservation even though that is not what the movie is about. It might work in DHS but doesn’t belong in MK in my opinion. I think your reaching a little with the World Showcase argument.
Zootopia is the absolute worst IP they could put in the park for its theme though.

Just bc the movie has animals doesn’t mean it fits DAK. Because it doesn’t.

Shanghai Disneyland....from Disney's 1st quarter (Oct. Nov. Dec. 2018)report ...drop in attendance plus increased costs.....interesting......perhaps the luster is wearing off, or the flattening of the Chinese economy is affecting attendance.

Pretty fitting addition considering those Chinese completely trashed their brand new theme park the moment it opened.
Really I thought the park seemed pretty clean from pictures and videos. Also east asian people tend to be very respectable when it comes to certain things so I find your comment odd.

Last edited: