Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm sure the reactions on this forums will be lovely when they hear USF is getting major new additions...in the form of a screen-based walkthrough and a Potter VR experience. :lol:

I'm inclined to think these rides must have some merit if Universal insists on adding them, so I'll remain optimistic...

Pets though, c'mon.

EDIT: Question for @Alicia & @tielo --> Have you guys received outside indications that the attraction will be going soon, or is Jim Hill's tweet the only real indication?

Last edited:
I'm sure the reactions on this forums will be lovely when they hear USF is getting major new additions...in the form of a screen-based walkthrough and a Potter VR experience. :lol:

I'm inclined to think these rides must have some merit if Universal insists on adding them, so I'll remain optimistic...

Pets though, c'mon.

EDIT: Question for @Alicia & @tielo --> Have you guys received outside indications that the attraction will be going soon, or is Jim Hill's tweet the only real indication?
You mean Jim’s tweet replying to my tweet which in and of itself was a warning to go see Shrek sooner rather than later? That one?

You mean Jim’s tweet replying to my tweet which in and of itself was a warning to go see Shrek sooner rather than later? That one?
Yes. Apologies for not catching that in the original tweet. I suppose I'm a little bit too cautious on proclamations of Shrek's inevitable demise given previous unfulfilled rumors.

Last edited:
I mean while I would much prefer SLOP, I fully understand not just copying everything park to park.
My thoughts on this are:

1. The IPs and ride systems chosen for the purported USF additions are popular and cheap respectively, which are critical considerations for any additions during Epic Universe's construction.

2. They found a thematic fit for SLOP at EU (zodiac animals?), and even if they didn't, it maintains the established ride count after the loss of Potter VR, which seems set for USF.

Or 3. Universal doesn't care about the sCrEeNz imbalance at Studios (and doesn't see an effect on their bottom line). These are legitimately the rides they prefer (which is not to disparage them, they could be great), and they currently have no plans for SLOP.

All of these options are great. Two new attractions before or concurrent with the new park is better than I ever expected given the state of the world.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Or 3. Universal doesn't care about the sCrEeNz imbalance at Studios (and doesn't see an effect on their bottom line).

All of these options are great.

Is 3 really great? I would certainly hope Universal's at least cognizant of USF needing some more variety, even if it's going to take another 5 to 10 years (sigh) for them to act on it.

Is 3 really great? I would certainly hope Universal's at least cognizant of USF needing some more variety, even if it's going to take another 5 to 10 years (sigh) for them to act on it.
I probably should have rephrased or specified what excited me. I think the overall picture of continued investment is great, the imbalance at USF not so much. For me, much still depends on whether the rides themselves are good. But I understand for others the success or failure of these rides are a fait accompli, given what they're rumored to be.

Also...
2022: Flex space at Blue Man Stage
2023: Villain-con
2024: Potter VR

Seems reasonable.

I probably should have rephrased or specified what excited me. I think the overall picture of continued investment is great, the imbalance at USF not so much. For me, much still depends on whether the rides themselves are good. But I understand for others the success or failure of these rides are a fait accompli, given what they're rumored to be.

Also...

Seems reasonable.
The Sharp Aquos theater is not part of USF.

Also...

Seems reasonable.
Or…

2022 Villain-Con
2023 Potter VR
2024 Epic Universe Preview Center?

If they do decide to put Villians-Con at Shrek, I wonder if they convert Monsters Cafe into a Minions themed restaurant? With Classic Monsters going into EU, they could take advantage of it and make a small Minions area.
It's funny cause I never go in there, yet I'm super protective of it lol

There's just something about having The Monsters present at USF that makes sense

Presumably by 2026 it would be IOA's "turn" again, so we could be looking at 2027ish before attention shifts back to USF.

Walkthroughs seem dated to me

Yet I clamor for special effect shows (like Twister) of late

I was pleased to see that Universal cloned the Lights Camera Action! show for Beijing, so clearly they haven't written-off that genre of theme park attraction just yet. I would love to see something like that return to USF, though I know it won't happen.

If they do decide to put Villians-Con at Shrek, I wonder if they convert Monsters Cafe into a Minions themed restaurant? With Classic Monsters going into EU, they could take advantage of it and make a small Minions area.

Funny you mention it cause this just popped up:

Edit: I've since found out that this opened in Hollywood. It only popped up because of an update to the filling.

Reactions: Alicia
oh you shut your mouth

2022 Villain-Con
2023 Potter VR
2024 Epic Universe Preview Center?
I could see that if they were Fall additions, and they started right after HHN. Villain-con may be bare, but VR or not, Potter still needs a highly themed show-building and queue.

Then again, they built Pets in less than two years on more difficult property. One should never underestimate Universal's construction speed I guess, unless water and electricity are involved.

I could see that if they were Fall additions, and they started right after HHN. Villain-con may be bare, but VR or not, Potter still needs a highly themed show-building and queue.

Then again, they built Pets in less than two years on more difficult property. One should never underestimate Universal's construction speed I guess, unless water and electricity are involved.
Potter expansion will start before Shrek replacement, as it has the most work to be done, yes. But it's not like they have to drain and tear down JAWS. It's just an open air theater to demolish at least.

How long did it take to build Transformers again?

Okay, fine, that was a clone...

How long did it take to build Volcano Bay then?

It can be shocking how fast they get these things done. ;)

Potter expansion will start before Shrek replacement, as it has the most work to be done, yes. But it's not like they have to drain and tear down JAWS. It's just an open air theater to demolish at least.

How long did it take to build Transformers again?

Okay, fine, that was a clone...

How long did it take to build Volcano Bay then?

It can be shocking how fast they get these things done. ;)
It's shocking that they're still committing to a new attraction each year. Almost as if removing Shrek and Fear Factor...were their original plans...and nothing's been delayed...

Nah, a major theme park company would never do that in this economy.