Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 120 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^I would actually visit that, lol

On a serious note, SF was able to pull off the solar panel parking lot at SFDK. Wonder why it stalled at SFMM.

So how many mazes in total?
4-5 would be my guess. Unlike Universal/Disney I don't see them spending much on the event

I mean rumors are Disney is going to have a Halloween event at full price with no fireworks so if they are cheaping out on the event and rumors are USH will have the lowest amount of mazes that its had for years then I see Six Flags also not putting much money into it this year.
Also Six Flags ALWAYS has long lines to just get the wristbands so not like it will hurt them to have only a handful of mazes..people will still come

Well Hurricane Harbor is sold out Weekend one.....Thanks Six Flags not even an email telling me I could get a time checked last weekend and still not up....guess yesterday is when it went up

I do think there's ample possibility that this gets a Escape from Krypton like timeframe, of a March Opening for 2022. That feels realistic to me, especially if the pace is going to be more smooth and steady as opposed to aggressive and fast.

I do think there's ample possibility that this gets a Escape from Krypton like timeframe, of a March Opening for 2022. That feels realistic to me, especially if the pace is going to be more smooth and steady as opposed to aggressive and fast.
yah.. given that this ride was supposed to be announced last year (and open this year), they have also had a bunch of time to plan, and it may be the biggest ride announced this year for any of the SF parks, they will want this open ASAP to recoup all the lost $$$ from last year

yah.. given that this ride was supposed to be announced last year (and open this year), they have also had a bunch of time to plan, and it may be the biggest ride announced this year for any of the SF parks, they will want this open ASAP to recoup all the lost $$$ from last year
Doubt it. They're not using the RMC team for construction on this one, and most of their contractors are so slow.

I was at the park today. From Batman, I could see that while the facades next to the load/queue building were all torn down, the load and queue building itself is still untouched, so I figure it's pretty likely it'll remain.

On a side note, mask wearing and social distancing at the park is not great. If you're not vaccinated, I personally wouldn't go. A few valiant employees try to enforce it, but they're in the minority and vastly outnumbered.

When I arrived at 1pm on a Wednesday, the biggest line to get in was for parking, which was pretty backed up. Fortunately, it did keep moving, but still took about 15 minutes to get through. Fortunately, the lines to get into the park were essentially non-existent.

Pro-tip: make use of the mobile ordering. It can also be used for free drink refills (if you have a souvenir mug), and it really saved a lot of time, because we all know what the SFMM food lines are like, and I really didn't want to stand in them just to get a drink refill. If fact, it appeared very few people were using the mobile ordering at all. Since I only used it for drink refills, I don't know if it's as fast for actual food, but part of me says it can't be any slower than standing in those food lines.

Another side note, if you continued membership payments during the pandemic, you can now get a gift card credit at the Membership Services building (in the plaza between the entrances to SFMM and HH). This is apparently very new news, it's only been available for a few days at best. It does have limitations: it can't be used for any sort of online payments or fastlane (as that is done by a third party). But nearly all food and merchandise in the park are covered (select independant vendors may be exempt). I kept up the Diamond Elite payments all this time, and my gift card was for just under $260.

I was at the park today. From Batman, I could see that while the facades next to the load/queue building were all torn down, the load and queue building itself is still untouched, so I figure it's pretty likely it'll remain.

On a side note, mask wearing and social distancing at the park is not great. If you're not vaccinated, I personally wouldn't go. A few valiant employees try to enforce it, but they're in the minority and vastly outnumbered.

When I arrived at 1pm on a Wednesday, the biggest line to get in was for parking, which was pretty backed up. Fortunately, it did keep moving, but still took about 15 minutes to get through. Fortunately, the lines to get into the park were essentially non-existent.

Pro-tip: make use of the mobile ordering. It can also be used for free drink refills (if you have a souvenir mug), and it really saved a lot of time, because we all know what the SFMM food lines are like, and I really didn't want to stand in them just to get a drink refill. If fact, it appeared very few people were using the mobile ordering at all. Since I only used it for drink refills, I don't know if it's as fast for actual food, but part of me says it can't be any slower than standing in those food lines.

Another side note, if you continued membership payments during the pandemic, you can now get a gift card credit at the Membership Services building (in the plaza between the entrances to SFMM and HH). This is apparently very new news, it's only been available for a few days at best. It does have limitations: it can't be used for any sort of online payments or fastlane (as that is done by a third party). But nearly all food and merchandise in the park are covered (select independant vendors may be exempt). I kept up the Diamond Elite payments all this time, and my gift card was for just under $260.
WHAT!!! Over 200 bucks.....insane