Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 134 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hope so

I cancelled my AP after years of having it...but I just can't have fun with the way the park is being handled. Messy, under staffed, slow loading, many rides closed for no reason and would like some more real themes.
They have the email. So looks like it’s actually going to happen.

Which IMO Is good news.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Great news!!! There are a few dinosaurs at MM that should be let go immediately.
I believe you're referring to the management shakeup at SFMM? In that case, I like this if what Screamscape is saying is legit. There's too many layers of bureaucracy at SFMM management and I'm glad they're cutting it down to improve the park.

Reactions: chris.g
On a side note, went to the park again late last week, and they've torn down the bathrooms by the Flash Pass redemption center near the front of the park. Fingers crossed they put in a more updated bathrooms.

And stopped by the new WW ride site, and nothing is still vertical yet.

On a side note, went to the park again late last week, and they've torn down the bathrooms by the Flash Pass redemption center near the front of the park. Fingers crossed they put in a more updated bathrooms.

And stopped by the new WW ride site, and nothing is still vertical yet.
Yes they are. Plans for the new restrooms are online. Also for the ones by Revolution.

Come to realize that SFMM’s coaster lineup will NEVER be complete unless they build a Giga. Doesn’t matter what they add before hand, that coaster type alone is what’s missing from the park. This raptor addition is nice and all, but doesn’t satisfy what the park is missing. Hopefully the rumored Knott’s Giga motivates the park to build one as it seems there’s far more hype for that, versus the raptor.

Last edited:
Come to realize that SFMM’s coaster lineup will NEVER be complete unless they build a Giga. Doesn’t matter what they add before hand, that coaster type alone is what’s missing from the park. This raptor edition is nice and all, but doesn’t satisfy what the park is missing. Hopefully the rumored Knott’s Giga motivates the park to build one as it seems there’s far more hype for that, versus the raptor.
While SF, in its current state, cannot afford a giga, the new one at Knott's is going to be a game-changer for SoCal. People are going to wonder why Six Flags has the "biggest, longest, and scariest roller coaster" in California but why Six Flags doesn't.

Another Wonder Woman or WCR size coaster isn't going to cut it anymore from that point on. They will have to put in the resources necessary to make a giga happen. The question is, who will they go to make such a coaster? Will they get B&M to do one as well? Or are they going to get RMC to dust off those plans for a T-Rex?

Reactions: Ron101
Unfortunately, unless something structurely changes within the company, I don't think a giga at Knott's will make one at SFMM anymore likely.

SFMM was never able to match Ghostrider or Xcelerator, and instead went the "unique" route.

SFMM's strategy against the competition recently has been the "first of it's type" route, rather than just one upping the stats (which is more how Cedar Point reacts).

So I'd expect SF to counter with a unique ride rather than a taller one.

Looks like Six Flags dumped the membership program. All current members will now have Legacy Memberships. Now, they still have the same four “membership” levels but they’re now treated as regular season passes, all of them having the same benefits as before from what I saw.
Strange move for sure after all the hype of trying to get people to become a member. The chain must have been losing money on all the free extension promotions they’ve done and it was wreaking havoc on the system.

Minor updates from SFMM:

Superman is back open, but only the backwards side. An employee working there claimed the forward side won't be opening anytime soon.

Membership signage is also down at the old Membership/Season Pass office in the plaza area (the area between MM and HH).

They are also now trying "Front Gate" parking... for $40 at the parking gate, you can park in the first row, no reservations needed. Not sure how long it'll last, though... an employee said they've been doing it for about a week and a half, and the most he'd seen were 7 cars using it.

On a side note, nothing is still vertical on the new Wonder Woman ride site. Just footers and flat dirt. They did remove the Wonder Woman signage from the flat ride, but the ride itself is still there.

Minor updates from SFMM:

Superman is back open, but only the backwards side. An employee working there claimed the forward side won't be opening anytime soon.

Membership signage is also down at the old Membership/Season Pass office in the plaza area (the area between MM and HH).

They are also now trying "Front Gate" parking... for $40 at the parking gate, you can park in the first row, no reservations needed. Not sure how long it'll last, though... an employee said they've been doing it for about a week and a half, and the most he'd seen were 7 cars using it.

On a side note, nothing is still vertical on the new Wonder Woman ride site. Just footers and flat dirt. They did remove the Wonder Woman signage from the flat ride, but the ride itself is still there.
lol

Just lol, the extra for parking is to me so crappy. I know all the parks do it but parking is such a scam. 40 bucks...for me to park my car in a crappy old parking lot...thanks six flags

^The solar panel parking lot and the Membership Lounge that was supposed to take over the retail space near Apocalypse are two project that have never materialized. With the Membership program now gone, I figure the lounge is definitely DOA (although I guess a few other SF parks have them? Anyone know more on that front?).

While I still don't know if they'd use the solar panels now, I do agree that parking lot is pretty bad. So many huge potholes, it's crazy.

Reactions: Ron101
People keep saying the memberships are gone but when I looked online the current APs have very similar benefits as before,what am i missing?

People keep saying the memberships are gone but when I looked online the current APs have very similar benefits as before,what am i missing?
The fact that memberships are gone. There are only season passes now that expire at the end of the year. That was the main difference between the two.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Hasn't been asked in a while, but considering Tatsu has been going through the rounds of the repainting, are they going to set their eyes then after on the Sky Tower? I'd love to see it restored, if only for the views.

I'm not holding my breath, but I've heard that Samurai Summit will be the next area to get a refresh, with a new attraction up there, and something finally done with the Laughing Dragon spot. It would be awesome to see the Tower reopen as well, but that's a big ask at this point.

I'm not holding my breath, but I've heard that Samurai Summit will be the next area to get a refresh, with a new attraction up there, and something finally done with the Laughing Dragon spot. It would be awesome to see the Tower reopen as well, but that's a big ask at this point.
We don’t have to get anything for the next few years if it means we get the tower open again!

We don’t have to get anything for the next few years if it means we get the tower open again!

Well the new CEO is VERY hands on. He's already been to every park (I got a glimpse of him), and has extremely strong opinions for better or worse. So if he decides he wants the tower open, it's opening.

I can't wait to hear his thoughts on each park