Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 136 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they got rid of Viper first I'd be down for this. I could definitely see the redundancy if they made Riddler floorless. I usually just choose to ride only one or the other when I visit cause they kinda give a similar experience besides the obvious difference of sitting and standing. Will miss being able to just walk on to Scream though.

I also agree Riddler could be be pretty cool as a floorless coaster. At the same time, you'd think maybe B&M could use the vest technology to make a better, more comfortable restraint system for the stand up train. To me, the biggest issue with stand up coasters isn't the standing, it's the headbanging into the OTS.

I wouldn't really miss Scream all that much myself (aside from the Zero-G roll and the short lines), but if it did go, that's a pretty long dead end area to fill. I'd be curious what they'd put in there, if anything, because that'd be a lot of space going to waste. And I doubt they'd go back to making it parking again.

I also agree Riddler could be be pretty cool as a floorless coaster. At the same time, you'd think maybe B&M could use the vest technology to make a better, more comfortable restraint system for the stand up train. To me, the biggest issue with stand up coasters isn't the standing, it's the headbanging into the OTS.

I wouldn't really miss Scream all that much myself (aside from the Zero-G roll and the short lines), but if it did go, that's a pretty long dead end area to fill. I'd be curious what they'd put in there, if anything, because that'd be a lot of space going to waste. And I doubt they'd go back to making it parking again.
Knowing how Six Flags likes to port other versions of their new roller coasters to other parks (i.e. the RMCs and Jersey Devil/Wonder Woman), they will probably follow the same model with Dr Diabolical in Fiesta Texas and put a slightly bigger variation of it over at SFMM. Because SWSD already has a B&M dive coaster a few hours down the 5 freeway, I would rather they put something else in its place like a Mack Adult Spinner or some sort of B&M hyper coaster, maybe even a Gerstlauer infinity of some sort. But knowing Six Flags, it will probably be Dr. Diabolical 2.0.

I also don't hate the idea of Viper getting retracked by Vekoma. I would also be on board if they used an OTS lapbar or vest to reduce headbanging.

Reactions: Rideguy70

Imma argue this: what if SF...Doesn't replace it with another coaster? What if SF relocates the front entrance? Relocate it to be at Scream's placement, with new infastructure to justify it (And then to allow them to expand Hurricane Harbor to the old entrance area).

Yep. Keep your expectations within reason and you'll enjoy it. I'd put it on par with Hangtime at Knott's.

Still, let's not forget what ride this is replacing lol.

I know I already said that I think a variation of Dr Diabolical would be the most likely replacement for Scream, but what I would really like to see as a Scream replacement, that I feel is somewhat realistic for SFMM, is a Mack adult spinner but in the format of a shuttle coaster. Something like a cross between Tapin at Dreamworld Australia and Ride to Happiness.

We all know SFMM doesn’t have the $$$ to build a full blown Mack coaster, but the working relationship with Mack is there with the Power Splash going to Over Texas. To keep the costs down for a potential Mack spinner, I think making it in the form of a shuttle like Ice Breaker and Tapin would be a great way to cheat the length while keeping the cost down and capacity reasonable. It would still likely be short, but having it in a shuttle format would make it more realistic to be added to SFMM. Not to mention, it would be super marketable as they can tout it as the world’s first forward and backwards coaster to go forwards and backwards. We all know how SFMM loves their “WURLD REKORD BREKING KOASTERZ!!!!”

While I still think a dive coaster will probably go there, I’m hoping that SWSD adding Emperor and Knotts having a “dive” coaster will consider SFMM to add a Mack adult spinner like I just mentioned instead. I think it would be a great addition to their diverse line up of coasters.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I'm inclined to believe Dr. Diabolical was going to be the long rumored SFMM Dive Coaster. Just a personal instinct though.