Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 139 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Things were looking good for an early summer opening. Seems RMC forgot to make all the track/support pieces :lol:. Keep in mind, the first track pieces arrived at the park back in early JULY of 2021!

Huge news Tatsu now has single rider. It’s at the ride exit.
Awesome!

Anyone know what's going on with Twisted Colossus? Is it just down for refurb or is there an issue going on with it? Hope it's up soon because it's my favorite ride.

Also, what's up with Twin Charged Tacos? It's the only pretty decent place at the park to eat at, but it's always closed. :ugh:

Seeing WWI might not open in the summer...is one of the reason's i got ride of my pass.

I just can't stand how that place is run, even if I lost my "amazing" pass what's the point if they just can't seem to run the park that well. I know management just kinda got better last Christmas but can't see myself coming back to this park for years until they seem to just have it together more. Glad to see them adding single rider to rides though, thats a good move

First piece of track has been installed for the Wonder Woman ride!

Also, if you haven't tried it already, you can now do Front of the Line passes (for those of us who still have memberships) entirely on the app. It's a bit cumbersome to set up, but very easy and convenient once it is. Basically, go to the app, find the Flash Pass page. Create an account (which is just an email and password). Once done, go to the menu on that page and select "Claim entitlements". Paste your membership number (the app allows you to just copy the number if you have already embedded the pass), last name, and that's it!

Once it's set up, it basically works similar to Disney's Maxpass. You can make your ride reservations anywhere in the park--no more going to the Flashpass office for the paper passes! (Like Maxpass, you do have to be in the park... you can't reserve a ride while still at home.) It will tell you what time the ride is next available. If you like that time, you can just select it, and when the time comes, it will generate a bar code for you to scan.

Pro tips (and what makes it even better than Maxpass): Once your time window opens, there is no expiration time. You have until the park closes to use your pass. And since we still have early entry, we tried selecting our rides before the park even "officially" opened, and it let us! It will also tell you if a ride closes, and give you an option to select a different ride (small catch... as the day goes on, the return times get later and later, and high demand rides may go very quickly).

We haven't yet done a full day Flashpass with this, but after this experience, we plan to defintely use it when we visit some of the Texas Six Flags parks later this summer!

Reactions: SailwiththeTide
Last week they were not letting people get skip the line passes at the flahpass line anymore. They were pushing everyone to the app. Its is a solid move and saves everyone time.
First piece of track has been installed for the Wonder Woman ride!

Also, if you haven't tried it already, you can now do Front of the Line passes (for those of us who still have memberships) entirely on the app. It's a bit cumbersome to set up, but very easy and convenient once it is. Basically, go to the app, find the Flash Pass page. Create an account (which is just an email and password). Once done, go to the menu on that page and select "Claim entitlements". Paste your membership number (the app allows you to just copy the number if you have already embedded the pass), last name, and that's it!

Once it's set up, it basically works similar to Disney's Maxpass. You can make your ride reservations anywhere in the park--no more going to the Flashpass office for the paper passes! (Like Maxpass, you do have to be in the park... you can't reserve a ride while still at home.) It will tell you what time the ride is next available. If you like that time, you can just select it, and when the time comes, it will generate a bar code for you to scan.

Pro tips (and what makes it even better than Maxpass): Once your time window opens, there is no expiration time. You have until the park closes to use your pass. And since we still have early entry, we tried selecting our rides before the park even "officially" opened, and it let us! It will also tell you if a ride closes, and give you an option to select a different ride (small catch... as the day goes on, the return times get later and later, and high demand rides may go very quickly).

We haven't yet done a full day Flashpass with this, but after this experience, we plan to defintely use it when we visit some of the Texas Six Flags parks later this summer!

Reactions: Rideguy70
With COTAland's impending Vekoma Tilt Coaster, lemme propose this:

With Knotts Berry Farm having the Infinity coaster to serve as a dive coaster, and SeaWorld getting the full B&M dive coaster...who's to say, SFMM couldn't go further hand have a tilt coaster act as that "Dive" coaster for the park? It'd be incredibly varied compared to Hangtime and Emperor, and if COTAland's layout proves, could easily do a full package.

With COTAland's impending Vekoma Tilt Coaster, lemme propose this:

With Knotts Berry Farm having the Infinity coaster to serve as a dive coaster, and SeaWorld getting the full B&M dive coaster...who's to say, SFMM couldn't go further hand have a tilt coaster act as that "Dive" coaster for the park? It'd be incredibly varied compared to Hangtime and Emperor, and if COTAland's layout proves, could easily do a full package.
I could actually see this as a serious possibility. In fact, I believe Giovanola planned a tilt coaster for SFMM in the early 00's but was scrapped due to the manufacturer going out of business. I saw the article and picture somewhere but I'm having a hard time digging it up.

I think the tilt coaster will become the new B&M dive in that one park in the US will pick it up and the other ones will be like "Wow! That looks cool! Let's build one for our park!" Especially in this day and age of social media, it would create a maelstrom of attention. It would be easy to market and a big crowd-pleaser because it's "Big and scary" for the GP. We all know how SFMM loves their gimmicks, so this would fit great for the park. Could very easily see this as a replacement for Scream.

Vekoma has changed a lot since their Boomerang models, and I believe they're on the cheaper side of the roller coaster manufacturer market. I figured it would only be a matter of time before they would make a splash with the US parks, especially Six Flags. But now with the new Vekoma tilt coming to COTALand of all places, I think this is how it will start. Also, who's to say they won't try to one-up Circuit Breaker and make an even steeper tilt out of it? Like Dr Diabolical having a steeper drop.

My only concern with a potential tilt coaster at SFMM is that it will very likely be a one-trick pony. They will probably be only able to afford the drop, an Immelmann, a barrel roll, and a turn back to the station. If they're going to make a tilt coaster, they need to invest in a decent layout. The one for COTALand looks great. It needs to be at least a little longer than a couple of elements and a turn back to the station.

I would rather they invest in a Mack adult spinner but I think this is the most realistic and marketable option for SFMM. I think a B&M dive is out now that Knott's has Hangtime and Sea World has one a few hours down the 5 freeway. But hey, if they can make a good tilt coaster, I say bring it. I won't expect it to be a top 20 for me, but it would at least be fun!

Oh, another thing to consider: if Vekoma gets into the picture for SFMM, I wonder if a Viper retrack from Vekoma may be in the cards?

Last edited:
Reactions: baconwhiskers
I could actually see this as a serious possibility. In fact, I believe Giovanola planned a tilt coaster for SFMM in the early 00's but was scrapped due to the manufacturer going out of business. I saw the article and picture somewhere but I'm having a hard time digging it up.

I think the tilt coaster will become the new B&M dive in that one park in the US will pick it up and the other ones will be like "Wow! That looks cool! Let's build one for our park!" Especially in this day and age of social media, it would create a maelstrom of attention. It would be easy to market and a big crowd-pleaser because it's "Big and scary" for the GP. We all know how SFMM loves their gimmicks, so this would fit great for the park. Could very easily see this as a replacement for Scream.

Vekoma has changed a lot since their Boomerang models, and I believe they're on the cheaper side of the roller coaster manufacturer market. I figured it would only be a matter of time before they would make a splash with the US parks, especially Six Flags. But now with the new Vekoma tilt coming to COTALand of all places, I think this is how it will start. Also, who's to say they won't try to one-up Circuit Breaker and make an even steeper tilt out of it? Like Dr Diabolical having a steeper drop.

My only concern with a potential tilt coaster at SFMM is that it will very likely be a one-trick pony. They will probably be only able to afford the drop, an Immelmann, a barrel roll, and a turn back to the station. If they're going to make a tilt coaster, they need to invest in a decent layout. The one for COTALand looks great. It needs to be at least a little longer than a couple of elements and a turn back to the station.

I would rather they invest in a Mack adult spinner but I think this is the most realistic and marketable option for SFMM. I think a B&M dive is out now that Knott's has Hangtime and Sea World has one a few hours down the 5 freeway. But hey, if they can make a good tilt coaster, I say bring it. I won't expect it to be a top 20 for me, but it would at least be fun!

Oh, another thing to consider: if Vekoma gets into the picture for SFMM, I wonder if a Viper retrack from Vekoma may be in the cards?
In-directly roasting Full Throttle here lol. I totally agree thoug. That goes for ANY new coaster SFMM builds, it needs to have length to it, not just the gimmick and then a few turns back to the station. (Full Throttle, Maxxforce, 4d free-spins, etc)

Reactions: baconwhiskers
If they go with the tilt it better be some monster record breaking version, especially if they're really looking to replace Scream. I agree that it would fit the mold of SFMM picking more on the gimmick, more unique, weirder side.

I just want Viper to hurt less that's all hahah it messed up my back and i'm in my 20s.

In-directly roasting Full Throttle here lol. I totally agree thoug. That goes for ANY new coaster SFMM builds, it needs to have length to it, not just the gimmick and then a few turns back to the station. (Full Throttle, Maxxforce, 4d free-spins, etc)
Well tbf Maxxforce is pretty fun lol

But all of those gimmicky rides were from the Jim Reid Anderson era. They have a new chain President and I can tell that they’re not so adamant about the cheap additions for every park mindset.

It’s possible that the coaster going to COTA could be an “off-the-shelf” model from Vekoma and if that’s true, that will save them a few bucks right there.

Food for thought, who's to say that a Tilt Coaster replacing scream, could allow them to incorporate it as an icon for a front entrance relocation? Make it the weenie like Candymonium at Hershey.

Food for thought, who's to say that a Tilt Coaster replacing scream, could allow them to incorporate it as an icon for a front entrance relocation? Make it the weenie like Candymonium at Hershey.

There’s so much infrastructure at the front
so not sure how possible, but if it means getting rid of that long walk i’m down.

Last edited:
California Coaster Kings posted an update on Facebook. They're making rapid progress on Wonder Woman...

This coaster will be complete withing a month or two.