Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 164 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just came back from a short, 1/2 day trip to SFMM. And while there are still a few things to fix, things are looking much better there recently.

The bad:
  • Riddler, Goliath, Viper, and Twisted Colossus were down (as well as Jet Stream and Roaring Rapids, to be expected)--so was Scrambler, it was being worked on by mechanics
  • Food Etc. was closed completely
  • Many games across from Crazanity are closed and blocked off (rumored expansion of DC Universe with flat rides, but this rumor is not confirmed)
The good (and/or improved)
  • X2, Full Throttle, Drop of Doom, and Superman (forwards only) were all open today. Wonder Woman opened with the park right at 10:30. And Swashbuckler was open again after being closed for months!
  • Many rides were in multiple train ops (Goldrusher x2, Wonder Woman x3). Admittedly, we didn't get to check everything, so not sure about other rides (Ninja was in single train)
  • New merch popping up throughout the park
  • Twin Charged Tacos was open at the Underground, and it was pretty good! And the employee said the intention is to keep it open all the time, let's hope... the food was actually pretty good (aside from store bought chips trying to pass as nachos). The ops were still a little rough, as they had only been open a week and were still clearly training people. But I did like the food a lot!
  • It's a little thing, but they removed part of the railing queue for Justice League so you don't have to go all the way around anymore (pic here)
  • The walk around Wonder Woman character has a great, updated new costume (pic here)
  • The queue building for WCR had a lot of display cars parked outside of it
  • There's some new "Food Waste Only" trash cans popping up around the park
  • Some sort of new sign is going up around the bathrooms by Samuri Summit
And perhaps the biggest news, there's a LOT of construction markings all over the ground near The Laughing Dragon. I suppose it could just be utility work, but it would lend credibility to the rumor that maybe something new is heading up there?

In any case, SFMM is getting back on track after a rough few months after the new SF CEO was put in charge. There's still room for improvement, but lots of improvement has been made!

Just came back from a short, 1/2 day trip to SFMM. And while there are still a few things to fix, things are looking much better there recently.

The bad:
  • Riddler, Goliath, Viper, and Twisted Colossus were down (as well as Jet Stream and Roaring Rapids, to be expected)--so was Scrambler, it was being worked on by mechanics
  • Food Etc. was closed completely
  • Many games across from Crazanity are closed and blocked off (rumored expansion of DC Universe with flat rides, but this rumor is not confirmed)
The good (and/or improved)
  • X2, Full Throttle, Drop of Doom, and Superman (forwards only) were all open today. Wonder Woman opened with the park right at 10:30. And Swashbuckler was open again after being closed for months!
  • Many rides were in multiple train ops (Goldrusher x2, Wonder Woman x3). Admittedly, we didn't get to check everything, so not sure about other rides (Ninja was in single train)
  • New merch popping up throughout the park
  • Twin Charged Tacos was open at the Underground, and it was pretty good! And the employee said the intention is to keep it open all the time, let's hope... the food was actually pretty good (aside from store bought chips trying to pass as nachos). The ops were still a little rough, as they had only been open a week and were still clearly training people. But I did like the food a lot!
  • It's a little thing, but they removed part of the railing queue for Justice League so you don't have to go all the way around anymore (pic here)
  • The walk around Wonder Woman character has a great, updated new costume (pic here)
  • The queue building for WCR had a lot of display cars parked outside of it
  • There's some new "Food Waste Only" trash cans popping up around the park
  • Some sort of new sign is going up around the bathrooms by Samuri Summit
And perhaps the biggest news, there's a LOT of construction markings all over the ground near The Laughing Dragon. I suppose it could just be utility work, but it would lend credibility to the rumor that maybe something new is heading up there?

In any case, SFMM is getting back on track after a rough few months after the new SF CEO was put in charge. There's still room for improvement, but lots of improvement has been made!

Great to hear! May renew my pass soon, but any idea when Twisted Colossus will be back open? That's my absolute favorite coaster so for me that's kind of a dealbreaker.

No one is gonna miss Food Etc. I decided to buy some food there to save some time walking to Wendy's, and I had the absolute worst steak quesadilla in my entire life. The food there is rancid. Either do a total redo or shut it down. Makes Taco Bell look like a Gordon Ramsey restaurant in comparison.

Thank God they're finally (at least trying to) keep Twin Charged Tacos open. That's the only decent place in the park to eat. The food wasn't bad the last time I ate there but ever since I tried to go back it's always been closed....even on Saturdays. Let's hope they keep it open!

As for the closed games, I'm baffled as to why they need to make that area look even uglier by tearing down that side. Just use the space where Tidal Wave was to put a flat or two in there. We don't need more concrete slabs.

Also thrilled they finally removed that railing. Hated having to always go around it (Or duck under it).

Reactions: Clive and Rideguy70
I should have also mentioned that as part of a Spring Break promotion, the park will be open daily from March 9 until April 17... so get all you can out of those weekdays while you still can!

Ive been screaming for ages to just connect the two DC areas. It should start right when you go under superman. That courtyard has Lex Luther, retime the games to like joker/DC. Give Crazanity a Joker/Harrley Quinn make over and boom both areas are one big DC area

Anyone see that Screamscape rumor about the Funicular closing? I really hope that’s just some wires that got crossed and it’s not closing. Talk about shooting yourselves in the foot for getting rid of your last transportation ride.

I don't know about this... I was in the park about a week ago, and while I didn't ride it, I feel pretty sure it was open. That list has a lot of rides wrong, so I'm taking it with a pretty big grain of salt.

That said, it's one of the last remaining original rides to the park, so it could possibly be at the end of it's shelf life. At the same time, Angel's Flight in downtown LA has been operating for 100+ years (admittedly with a lot of downtime periods), so maybe it's built to last.

I don't know about this... I was in the park about a week ago, and while I didn't ride it, I feel pretty sure it was open. That list has a lot of rides wrong, so I'm taking it with a pretty big grain of salt.

That said, it's one of the last remaining original rides to the park, so it could possibly be at the end of it's shelf life. At the same time, Angel's Flight in downtown LA has been operating for 100+ years (admittedly with a lot of downtime periods), so maybe it's built to last.
Iirc with a 5 million dollar renovation.

This one may need a big renovation as well

Got an email from SF... SFMM will be participating in Scream Break (dates and info for SFMM below... full price $39.99, discounted price for Diamond Elite VIP only), and states "the launch of paid premium lounges this summer in all of our theme parks".

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 18-45-48 Shopland Affiliate Store.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 18-45-48 Shopland Affiliate Store.png
    197.4 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Clive and Freak
Got an email from SF... SFMM will be participating in Scream Break (dates and info for SFMM below... full price $39.99, discounted price for Diamond Elite VIP only), and states "the launch of paid premium lounges this summer in all of our theme parks".
I’m so down to go to this! Who’s tryna meet up as a group?

Six Flags may have just convinced me to go check them out with such a wild idea as Scream Break bahaha I love it. Fright Fest but potentially without the lines and for way cheaper? I’m intrigued.

I can't make it the first weeks, so definitely a "let me see these reviews first" before I start making plans.

I like the idea....but all the mazes are going to be the same as they have been for years then its cool but....not really my thing. I hope this gets them the funds to update mazes more

With tomorrow being the Corporate announcement for various SFCorp parks; should we be expecting an announcement of some kind for either the Samurai Summit plans; or whatever is going on at DCUniverse? Feels like one of them has to be 2023.

Good point, not sure. I haven't been to the park in a few weeks (hope to later this week depending on weather), but I've been hearing more pathways have been closed up there.

One other thing to note about their Scream Break promotion... they promote that both Goliath and Riddler will be open for it. Implying they seem confident both rides will be back open by then. Let's be hopeful!. Someone reliable on another site said he heard first hand at a recent coaster even that SFMM hosted that they are nearly ready to go with Goliath, just awaiting final paperwork certification. But not as much was said about Riddler.