Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 162 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ninja is a fun coaster, and gets some big lines most time I went

Also heard a rumor from a facebook group that MM let go of all its photo department which are the people trying to sell you pictures at the end of the ride

I have absolutely no insider info here, just a very strong gut feeling, but I'd gamble the ride that could replace the Laughing Dragon location would be a Booster, like the Catwoman Whip in SF St. Louis.

Just basing it off the SF trend of placing the same ride at multiple parks (like the giant Larson Super Loopers, and Giant Discovery/Frisbee rides). Plus, I'm guessing it'd be relatively cheap (compared to a new coaster), not much else would fit on that location, and--being on the top of a hill--it'd be a great location for one. I also looked at the area from that point of view, and it appears it could be situated without needing to clear out many trees (if any at all). I should add that I'm not necessarily a huge fan of this ride, but I can see it making sense.

By this logic, a Sky Screamer would also be a pretty good bet, but it'd also need a larger loading platform, while a Booster would need a pretty small one, so it'd be even more economical for the park.

Bummer to hear the new entrance is pushed back... kinda really needs one. Along with that repaved parking lot they promised in 2018.

And I won't be surprised if, sometime in the future, an Endeavor appears in the old Tidal Wave spot. Again, no inside info, but SF has put that ride in nearly every other park, SFMM really needs more flat rides, and it looks like it'd be a good fit for that space.

As for Ninja, I'd defintely miss it, but it'd be understandable as it's got to be difficult to maintain such an old attraction, and spare parts have got to be getting scarce. However, people have also been sounding the death knell for Viper for a long time for the same reasons, yet it still seems to be hanging in there... so who knows?

Last edited:
Reactions: Freak
Samurai summit has long been neglected. That area was always the next project. Would definitely be out of character to renovate a themed area without a new ride attached. I haven't heard anything about Superman or Ninja leaving, and SFMM likes to give proper send offs (except Green Lantern, but that ride was complete trash)

So, the talk has started around the park. The same talk as before Crazanity was announced, before West Coast Racers was announced, and before Wonder Woman was announced. It looks like a new ride (of some sort) is coming somewhere at the top of the Mountain in 2024 to complete with what's coming to USH. Either Samurai Summit, Rapids Crossing or both. No other info is known, other than the attention has shifted up there.

So, the talk has started around the park. The same talk as before Crazanity was announced, before West Coast Racers was announced, and before Wonder Woman was announced. It looks like a new ride (of some sort) is coming somewhere at the top of the Mountain in 2024 to complete with what's coming to USH. Either Samurai Summit, Rapids Crossing or both. No other info is known, other than the attention has shifted up there.
Catching up on the latest posts, I'm going to be very sad to lose Ninja. I understand that parts to maintain the ride aren't cheap and the ride is pretty much at the end of its lifespan, but that ride is still a lot of fun! Will be disappointed to see if they just give up on it. Isn't Chessington doing a restoration on Vampire (Also a great Arrow suspended!) or doing new trains on that ride? Would be nice if they just gave it the Vampire treatment.

Not surprised they're doing something up there for 2024. It will probably be a new coaster since they're taking this year off. This might be the first year since 2014 where they literally had no new attraction whatsoever to offer. Would be nice if they at least took the time to make some improvements but I'm not holding my breath. But back to Samurai Summit....

I think what we will see up there is a new coaster of some sort. I'm thinking either a Mack extreme spinner is what would go up there. Maybe a B&M dive? those are the only two options I forsee going up there. It will either go where Ninja (I hope not!) or where Laughing Dragon is. They just better not make the whole area a giant concrete slab. Ugh.

Theme Park Obsession showed in his recent video that there are markings everywhere just outside Laughing Dragon. Doesn't necessarily mean that's where the new coaster is going, but does lend credence to a new project starting soon.

Reactions: Freak
I love how instead of just making the current park work....Six Flags is going to just add another coaster. The park has enough rides its everything else thats holding Six Flags back

^ Well it may not necessarily be a coaster, as nothing is known about the actual ride type yet. But at this point, perhaps for the first time since the Mark Shapiro years, the park has not only lost a lot of visitors, but has become the least talked about park in southern California. Even the it's worst years, SFMM always garnered a lot of attention. Hate to say it, but that's not changing unless the park goes big again. Salim dug this hole for himself.

I'm going to be surprised if it's a coaster. They can't even keep up maintain the ones they've got.

They really need flat rides. Aside from the kiddies rides, the only flats they have are: Scrambler, Teen Titan Turbo/Round Up, Buccaneer, Bumper Cars, Swashbuckler, Drop of Doom, and Crazanity. And, uh, the first five on that list of seven are around 40 years old. Not to mention Swashbuckler's been down for months.

^ Well it may not necessarily be a coaster, as nothing is known about the actual ride type yet. But at this point, perhaps for the first time since the Mark Shapiro years, the park has not only lost a lot of visitors, but has become the least talked about park in southern California. Even the it's worst years, SFMM always garnered a lot of attention. Hate to say it, but that's not changing unless the park goes big again. Salim dug this hole for himself.
I don't think rides are the issue, so a big ride will only get them some people back but most don't want to deal with Six Flags at all at this point.

I don't think rides are the issue, so a big ride will only get them some people back but most don't want to deal with Six Flags at all at this point.

But without a big ride, no one is coming at all. Their best bet would be to make park improvements while adding a headline grabbing ride. One isn't going to work without the other.

I'm going to be surprised if it's a coaster. They can't even keep up maintain the ones they've got.

They really need flat rides. Aside from the kiddies rides, the only flats they have are: Scrambler, Teen Titan Turbo/Round Up, Buccaneer, Bumper Cars, Swashbuckler, Drop of Doom, and Crazanity. And, uh, the first five on that list of seven are around 40 years old. Not to mention Swashbuckler's been down for months.

I'm still hoping for an S&S Screamin Swing. Maybe the largest one. Add that along with SS makeover, and something to eat up there. Bring the coaster in 2025 instead. But what do I know

Knowing SFMM, maybe they were planning a flat, or having an “off period” to improve things, but once word got out about USH adding a major coaster next year, they were probably like “Well…crap. Now we got to build a big coaster for 2024 to stay afloat.”

How's that song go? "Things can only get better"...lol.

The painting of Goliath is about to kick into high gear.

The supposed new entrance has been pushed back, however...

Roaring Rapids should reopen by Spring Break, new lockers coming to several attractions, Laughing Dragon is finally being demolished for something new, and Ninja may be on the chopping block (sadly).

So Screamscape today posted exactly the opposite about Roaring Rapids, that they don't expect it to return at all.

I love contradictory rumors

As for a Screaming Swing, I can't see there being enough room for one in that location. I could be wrong, but seems unlikely to me. Also, not that many SF parks have them, seems to be more of a CF thing.

I am thinking that a Star Flyer could be possible, even though it'd be more space... may be worth the trade off for more capacity. I just find it hard to believe it'd be a coaster when they can't even keep up with the ones they have.

So Screamscape today posted exactly the opposite about Roaring Rapids, that they don't expect it to return at all.

I love contradictory rumors

As for a Screaming Swing, I can't see there being enough room for one in that location. I could be wrong, but seems unlikely to me. Also, not that many SF parks have them, seems to be more of a CF thing.

I am thinking that a Star Flyer could be possible, even though it'd be more space... may be worth the trade off for more capacity. I just find it hard to believe it'd be a coaster when they can't even keep up with the ones they have.

While Screamscape has been my go-to for two decades, I have learned that they aren't really insiders. They are aggregators of information from others as opposed to actually having true information. One thing that aggravates me about them is that they don't give credit to the person/group that actually reported it. So, while they might be correct on this, they could just as easily be incorrect.

Was hoping to get back to SFMM for the first time in 5 years at the end of February, but since they are now closed Tue-Thurs each week I won't be able to. Pretty frustrating but good news for Knotts as I guess I'll be spending my $ there instead :shrug:

Maybe the reason weekday attendance has been low is becuase they can't seem to keep half the rides operational? No good adding another coaster to the line up as the reputation amongst locals is now pretty poor.

Weird rumor but Ive heard they're contemplating just shutting this place down within the decade
I’d not be too surprised because if they can’t cheaply make the park get more guests then not much else to do

I think they could turn the park around but would be effort and not sure if the owners want to put much effort into these parks

• Sad
Reactions: Clive
Six flags is in a very difficult position financially. Investors are pushing to split off the real estate. It's clear all options are on the table. But...I don’t understand why other theme park companies wouldn't make them an offer they couldn't refuse. I'll still keep my impossible wish that this becomes Universal Hollywood's second gate lol