Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

I have a feeling that Ninja is leaving. They don't want to have that issue again and it'd make sense to close it.
What "issue"? Did you actually read what happened? I don't like Six Flags but what happened was a large tree branch fell on the coaster track...that can happen at any park. I'm not a fan of Six Flags whatsoever but I'm glad this wasn't a maintenance thing with the coaster. They should just do a better job of trimming the trees around the track.

VALENCIA, Calif., Aug. 14, 2014 / -- After four weeks of spirited voting, USA TODAY announced  that Six Flags Magic Mountain, the "Thrill Capital of the World," is the winner of the Best Theme Park contest.

We may now conclude that this is just a coaster contest.

VALENCIA, Calif., Aug. 14, 2014 / -- After four weeks of spirited voting, USA TODAY announced  that Six Flags Magic Mountain, the "Thrill Capital of the World," is the winner of the Best Theme Park contest.

LOL. I bet if Universal or Disney promoted the contest, they could have easily taken up first place.

But in terms of Six Flags Magic Mountain being the best theme park - LOL. Yeah, no. No, no, no.

Went again yesterday. I loved it. Absolutely loved everything with the exception of X2. I will NEVER ride that again in my life. It was the only ride I felt legitimately unsafe on. I was really scared, and I am not typically afraid of coasters of any kind. I've ridden literally every single other coaster in that park, and X2 is the one that I was scared for my life on.

apparently, they have shuffled random names with the real new colossus name due to tomorrow being depressing but.... no iron.

I'm going with Ultimate Colossus due to it could have 2 versions, a family version and then a thrill version.

This... just... it's unintended humor.  I can't... I don't even know what to say.

This... just... it's unintended humor.  I can't... I don't even know what to say.
The park is fine for what it is, but it's a far cry from a proper theme park. Lousy customer service, lethargic employees, deplorable operations and rundown rides and attractions make it my least favorite park in the world.

It's an amusement park plain and simple, but I don't rank it higher than the classic boardwalks that used to line the Californian coast.

The rumor is now that this will be called "Twisted Colossus". I'm pretty sure that's the case if you look at the URL for this link:

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/special/twisted-colossus/classic-colossus

Supposedly, this is supposed to have only ONE track instead of two. I have also heard that this should be a mix of SFGA's Goliath and New Texas Giant. It's supposed to be accompanied with a new station and a restoration to Colossus County Fair.

I was a bit skeptical... I LOVE this! this is a perfect re-imagining; keeping the beginning but changing it too, the 1 track makes sense to have longest hybrid ride in the world (for six flags standards). I'll try to go to the park sometime next year to see about this massive ride.

Last edited by a moderator: