Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Hopefully the Q is cool, wanted the Joker theme mainly for the Q.

Hopefully this will bring more people to JL ride

For those saying the DC area is dead......I mean makes sense its "themed" but needs more but it wont get it because most people dont come to Six Flags for themed area's

Like Jeresy devil on the east coast, this ride needs mandatory lockers to increase capacity. I’ve seen it so many times where the dispatches are delayed because guests have to put their bags down and wrestle with the other guests trying to get their bags.

Would you guys have rather have had the Diabolical dive coaster in tidal waves spot rather than this single rail? I am hyped for the single file coaster experience just curious what people are thinking.

I wish SFMM would take a long break after WW and build some fun flats, family rides and refurbish a few more older coasters.

But I've already heard there is yet another coaster project in the works for 2024...sigh.

Reactions: DTH
I wish SFMM would take a long break after WW and build some fun flats, family rides and refurbish a few more older coasters.

But I've already heard there is yet another coaster project in the works for 2024...sigh.

Source?

Yes but its also reportedly a large single investment, largest since Tatsu, and if I happen to believe we're heard the same rumor it's replacing something else so... we'll see...

Don’t think anyone will miss Viper except the small amount of coaster enthusiasts. The ride really only gets a line on the busy weekends

Yes but its also reportedly a large single investment, largest since Tatsu, and if I happen to believe we're heard the same rumor it's replacing something else so... we'll see...

Yes, an older coaster is seeing it's final few years. Hilariously, they will have 20 coasters for just a year, then it's back to 19 lmao. But I guess they'll say replacing a coaster doesn't count.

Hoping this project finally kicks forward redoing the front entrance (And hopefully, kicking the pavillion next to X2 out the curb in the process). Would be nice to see a modern entrance at the park.

I'd think if any coaster is going it would be Viper or Ninja, both being older and no longer manufactured. Parts are expensive.

Hoping this project finally kicks forward redoing the front entrance (And hopefully, kicking the pavillion next to X2 out the curb in the process). Would be nice to see a modern entrance at the park.
Agreed. For the premier park in the chain, SFMM's entrance is embarrassing. The picnic pavilion should indeed get the boot and they could split the current Hurricane Harbor pavilion in half, one side for each park. In reality, who's really spending their time in these picnic areas for a group event other than getting something to eat real quick and heading back into the park.

I can't see them replacing Ninja. That location would be too difficult to work with, IMO. And the ride is still in relatively good shape, and one of the few family rides at the park.

While I'd be a bit bummed at Viper leaving, that makes more sense. It rarely draws a crowd, a last of it's kind, the ride is bumpy, and the location would be much easier to work with in that it's a self-contained plot of land.

I do agree not only with a front gate refresh, but also more upgraded bathrooms, especially near the main entrance and plaza. And I definitely concur they really should install more flat rides. Excluding kiddie rides (and Drop of Doom), they literally only have seven (Crazanity, Swashbuckler, Buccanner, Flash, Lasso, Scrambler, Bumpers), and five of those are at least 40 years old.