Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

It's funny how Batman's lockers were at the queue entrance (like Goliath), but Riddler's lockers are next to the building which causes a mess if people need to use a locker & rejoin the line.

Personally I don't mind the storage bin/shelf method a lot of the coasters have even though you have to cross the train. However, FREE lockers for 60-90mins like Mummy has is what every coaster should have.

X2 is a perfect setup, just hate that they aren't free. Which is why I'd ride it at least 2-3 times to make the locker worth it lol

However, FREE lockers for 60-90mins like Mummy has is what every coaster should have.
Every coaster in every park all around the world. This speeds things up and I have to imagine is a cheap solution. I honestly don't think I'll go back to Knotts or Six Flags until they do it. I've been spoiled by Disney and Universal's dispatch times. I just don't have the patience anymore.

I generally avoid riding X2 much mainly because I don't want to pay the locker fee. If I do ride it, I'll generally wait for the off season when it's one train ops, as they don't require lockers then.

At least West Coast Racers did try something new with storage... but to me, it didn't really speed things up all that much.

And I do agree that this is not just a SFMM problem. Knott's is just as bad, if not worse. And that crazy policy with the metal dector/nothing in your pockets (even if they close) on Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point is the worst, so it really isn't just a SF problem.

I like the way the Busch parks handle lockers. You buy one for the day at $10, and it gives you a code that you can then use on every ride.

I'm sorry, I'm tired of suffering because people want to take their crap on coasters and slow down the loading. It's gotten ridiculous.

Last edited:
I've seen the green side of TC eat many a cellphone when I worked that ride. We've been asking for mandatory lockers on that ride since 2016.

So stupid that it takes incidents like this one to wake their asses up. Rides like TC, Wonder Woman, West Coast Racers and X2 need to have locker policies. I don't care if guests or enthusiasts like it or not. Put your crap away, and have a seat.

Looks like media day is July 14th. Not looking good for member previews.
What's crazy is that this is going to open a whole two weeks before Dr Diabolical. I think this ride was barely even built when they were testing Dr Diabolical. Never expected this top open before Diabolical.

I've seen the green side of TC eat many a cellphone when I worked that ride. We've been asking for mandatory lockers on that ride since 2016.

So stupid that it takes incidents like this one to wake their asses up. Rides like TC, Wonder Woman, West Coast Racers and X2 need to have locker policies. I don't care if guests or enthusiasts like it or not. Put your crap away, and have a seat.
People are idiots and they need to crack the whip on people who pull their phones out on the coasters. I don't think UO's radical locker policy is the solution. If I had to go through a metal detector and put everything that's in my pockets into a locker (Even if it's free), that seems like a huge burden. I like the zip-up pouches they provide on WCR, FT, and TC. That being said, unless I have zip-up pockets, I usually don't take the risk and put my stuff in the locker. I can only handle one ride on X2 with how rough its gotten so I can tolerate losing one dollar.

They increased the price of the AP to 195, im not renewing until it gets way better tbh. Knotts isn’t even at that price yet and it’s seems better.

What's crazy is that this is going to open a whole two weeks before Dr Diabolical. I think this ride was barely even built when they were testing Dr Diabolical. Never expected this top open before Diabolical.

People are idiots and they need to crack the whip on people who pull their phones out on the coasters. I don't think UO's radical locker policy is the solution. If I had to go through a metal detector and put everything that's in my pockets into a locker (Even if it's free), that seems like a huge burden. I like the zip-up pouches they provide on WCR, FT, and TC. That being said, unless I have zip-up pockets, I usually don't take the risk and put my stuff in the locker. I can only handle one ride on X2 with how rough its gotten so I can tolerate losing one dollar.

I don't think metal detectors are either necessary or even doable for Six Flags. They just need a loose article policy and availability lockers with zero cubbies on the platform. You want to risk your 1,000 phone? Go right ahead. If you loose it, not only do you not get it back, but you also risk being banned from future visits.

I will be there for the preview. I fully expect it will close down multiple times, considering how little they tested lol.
Regarding loose article policies, I always wear zipper pockets, and bring as little as possible. Lockers will help speed up dispatch times imo, but will they prevent an incident like the one on TC? I doubt it, people will sneak phones in their pocket. It's frustrating there's so many idiots out there

But still... for the love of all things Minions, put Riddler's supports back in black! :chainsaw:

Also, I'm guessing there's going to be queue inside the building
Just keep in mind this was Green Lantern's building & they didn't really bother to expand it. This wasn't a very large building, even with the minimal GL scenic removed there will be limited indoor queue space.

Also it STILL bothers me they didn't connect Riddler's exit path to DC Universe :deadhorse:

^ Of course it will only look nice until they unleash all the nasty teenagers on it, spitting, gum chewing, squeaky shoes, trash throwing teens, combined with SFMM's barely there cleaning crew, it will look like X2's nasty queue in no time.

Wonder Woman deserves better