Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 180 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even then, have you seen it in person? I haven't but I've never heard anyone say it doesn't look good on the ride

I have been on it countless times. It doesn't look awful....but it does utilize older 3-d tech (including the Shrek/Terminator glasses). The tunnel effect really feels like a tunnel since the imagery doesn't pop that much in many parts. It's still fun and gets people going, but it's old tech. They would be silly not to touch it up a bit.

I have been on it countless times. It doesn't look awful....but it does utilize older 3-d tech (including the Shrek/Terminator glasses). The tunnel effect really feels like a tunnel since the imagery doesn't pop that much in many parts. It's still fun and gets people going, but it's old tech. They would be silly not to touch it up a bit.

I mean, I doubt they're just porting the same thing over. My point was generally that it looks better in person than it does in a YouTube clip

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
I presume that with the height of these vehicles, we'll be entering them at a similar height level as Kilimanjaro Safaris at AK?

Very similar, yes.

I also wonder whether one or more of these vehicles will be wheelchair accessible, with a large area perhaps left unseated?

I don't know but I think this will be a transfer only ride. We are going to have to wait and find out.

So have they not tried running multiple vehicles or have they had trouble having the controller accept more vehicles? Also since these use wifi I'm curious if teebs knows if a connection between vehicle and main control system are temporarily lost does it cause an immediate e-stop or are the vehicles capable of following their designated path for a few seconds with a lost signal before it stops? Because I am working on something like this for my masters thesis and am kinda curious how sensitive their control system is for connection and positional tolerances.

So have they not tried running multiple vehicles or have they had trouble having the controller accept more vehicles? Also since these use wifi I'm curious if teebs knows if a connection between vehicle and main control system are temporarily lost does it cause an immediate e-stop or are the vehicles capable of following their designated path for a few seconds with a lost signal before it stops? Because I am working on something like this for my masters thesis and am kinda curious how sensitive their control system is for connection and positional tolerances.
I remember when Teebin kept complaining about the rebar, in his cryptic posts, and compared it to problems at Gringotts also. I don't know, but I'm guessing that the wifi communication was having problems, hence somewhat along the lines of what you are speaking of.

Yes. This is going to turn out really good. And it fits well in that jungle setting next to Jurassic Park. If they did it in the Studios, it would either need a story setting in NYC, or a jungle setting that would look really out of place. My favorite story line of the Kong movies has always been the segments in the mysterious lost island. This, from what I see, is everything I would want in an attraction.
I'm just Glad Orlando is finally getting a jungle safari attraction!

I remember when Teebin kept complaining about the rebar, in his cryptic posts, and compared it to problems at Gringotts also. I don't know, but I'm guessing that the wifi communication was having problems, hence somewhat along the lines of what you are speaking of.

This is correct. And remember, inside is loaded with rebar rockwork too. I have not heard about any issues regarding controlling multiples yet because there have never been multiples. I doubt there will ever be an issue with that as they are used to keeping track of up to 50 vehicles on track in FJ and who knows how many in Gringotts.

There is one non-wifi issue that happened with running on the outside track the first time. It is really funny and brought outdoors to a hault until the issue was corrected. I will tell you all what it was in about a week.

They already released a pic of one of our drivers and we didn't even know it. In the "crew photo" under the evidence tag on Myth Explorer, Charles "Doc" Jordan is the guy furthest to the right. Judging from the photo, it seems to me that our drivers will be some sort of hologram/musion effect....unless they just cast the "Doc" role using actors that look similar to the dude in the pic (likewise for the rest of the driver roles, casting actors that fit the descriptions).

Linky: Myth Explorer - The Quest for Kong

we will be there June 22,23,24.. should be good timing :) but.. I hope its not so packed that we cant get on it - not sure when we will be back. I am assuming there will be no express pass for this at least in the begnining
Your timing couldn't have been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.