Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 181 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poked and prodded a friend about these characters and got into a deeper conversation about the attraction.

I asked said friend about Robert Nile's thoughts and I'm just gonna spoiler tag just in case. Not trying to rehash that debacle. Moreso interested in what he said about the final puppet and the characters.

These are just unfiltered convos so pardon our texting grammar.

[on the driver's] each driver gets "eaten" by different creatures. "Literally a single scene where the driver gets eaten."

[on Robert Niles' comments...] What he says is completely correct. There's 3 scenes inside the building (blueprints have the scene list.) Driver demise. 3D Tunnel. Kong Puppet that will leap/charge at you. "Everything he says is correct. I'm sorry to hear people are expecting more."

I know I have zero credibility with you folks but this is a close friend, who I trust 100%, who does not work with Universal (anymore), but would definitely have access to knowledge/blue prints EASY.

Reactions: Stitchie and Ryno27
O boy hopefully there is a little more to things than that. Would be a huge build-up to only that unless these scenes play out differently (longer and more detailed) than described above by your friend

God that's a lot of deaths!!! I hope they're like mortal kombat fatalities, blood splattering all over the sobbing children :lol:. With a 6 minute ride time I'm sure it'll be a tiny bit more than that but as it sounds with that description, still pretty awesome. I'm down with it all

Also I have no idea what you all are talking about, the cgi in that video is great!!! I mean what more can you ask for? Looks like the film, has great animation and will most likely be in higher quality because of the upgraded 4K. Y'all need to chill lol

Taking for what you will, on my end; it seems that RoK will have about 6-9 ride scenes for the ride portion. What the scenes entail, seems out of the hearing range.

Keep in mind, I am not reliable, but that's what it seems to look in length.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
Taking for what you will, on my end; it seems that RoK will have about 6-9 ride scenes for the ride portion. What the scenes entail, seems out of the hearing range.

Keep in mind, I am not reliable, but that's what it seems to look in length.
What those people might be seeing are full stops of the truck, whereas there might actually be a number of drive by scenes between entrances & stops . Just a guess on my part, since I'm not one of the three million people that have claimed to have seen the blueprints. I always refer back to the map of the ride that Teebin put down earlier on this site ,something like pg. 150 or so of this thread. There's a large section of curved line movement between the entrance into the temple and the straight line area which is obviously the 360 screen. Lots of things could be placed in that lengthy, probably cavernous, area. I'm thinking that's where the controversy is occurring.

What those people might be seeing are full stops of the truck, whereas there might actually be a number of drive by scenes between entrances & stops . Just a guess on my part, since I'm not one of the three million people that have claimed to have seen the blueprints. I always refer back to the map of the ride that Teebin put down earlier on this site ,something like pg. 150 or so of this thread. There's a large section of curved line movement between the entrance into the temple and the straight line area which is obviously the 360 screen. Lots of things could be placed in that lengthy, probably cavernous, area. I'm thinking that's where the controversy is occurring.
This is what I'm interested in. What's hiding? Could anything hide in the blue prints? This is someone who would know how to read them and would be able to ask any questions and get them answered.

I asked about anything that could be missing.
"There are literally 2 big turns - one on the way in where the host gets eaten, and one on the way out where Kong jumps at you."

Reactions: Ryno27
I presume that with the height of these vehicles, we'll be entering them at a similar height level as Kilimanjaro Safaris at AK?

I also wonder whether one or more of these vehicles will be wheelchair accessible, with a large area perhaps left unseated?

If you look at the ride vehicle at the 1:48 mark in Mako Madness' vehicle testing video, you can see that the back two rows have parts that are a different color on the left side. I would assume this is where the benches fold up to allow room for a wheelchair.

Reactions: amityboattours
So what do people think happens once our driver gets eaten, how does our truck move? Is it taken over by another driver or moved by a creature/landslide each scene thereafter etc?
This has been my personal puzzle since I learned the fate of the "driver". I suppose I could just ask someone in the know but where's the fun in that?

Last edited:
Poked and prodded a friend about these characters and got into a deeper conversation about the attraction.

I asked said friend about Robert Nile's thoughts and I'm just gonna spoiler tag just in case. Not trying to rehash that debacle. Moreso interested in what he said about the final puppet and the characters.

These are just unfiltered convos so pardon our texting grammar.

[on the driver's] each driver gets "eaten" by different creatures. "Literally a single scene where the driver gets eaten."

[on Robert Niles' comments...] What he says is completely correct. There's 3 scenes inside the building (blueprints have the scene list.) Driver demise. 3D Tunnel. Kong Puppet that will leap/charge at you. "Everything he says is correct. I'm sorry to hear people are expecting more."

I know I have zero credibility with you folks but this is a close friend, who I trust 100%, who does not work with Universal (anymore), but would definitely have access to knowledge/blue prints EASY.

He's missing a scene.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
This is what I'm interested in. What's hiding? Could anything hide in the blue prints? This is someone who would know how to read them and would be able to ask any questions and get them answered.

I asked about anything that could be missing.
"There are literally 2 big turns - one on the way in where the host gets eaten, and one on the way out where Kong jumps at you."
Not that anything's hiding, just that there's a continuation of scenes. Even Mike West, Universal Creative says there's more than three scenes. And Niles basically said the 360screen begins as soon as you get through the entrance, which makes no sense given the nature of the long winding pathway. The 360scene is a straight shot. Take a look at Teebins' mapping earlier in this thread and you'll see what I'm saying. The other insiders who are aware of what's there, are saying things quite contrary to Niles, plus Niles changed his story in mid stream if you look back at the archives of his own site for that day's discussions. Basically, we had this same discussion on this thread a couple of weeks ago. It's probably best to go back & reread that area of the discussion. Bottom line,I have way more faith in the OU insiders than TPI. TPI very rarely has any inside info ahead of official releases anymore. They basically discuss official news releases over there. Their forums are almost extinct.

lol...so much for spoiler tags. Although I kind of guessed this outcome from the beginning.

as far as the question....
"who will drive the truck?"

Seems obvious that the excavation team that is already on the field (shown in the story promo piece), will take control of the vehicle. I'm curious just how graphic the death of the driver will be. I would imagine it can't be too graphic due to the height requirements. Does the warning sign mention anything about the ride being frightening for young riders? It probably should.

In reality, we've been discussing all of these same issues for 182 pages now. There's really nothing substantially new that's not in a press release. It's still all just speculation & thoughts.:)

If the driver really is going to be killed. I doubt it will be very gory or graphic. Its an amusement attraction.

If they do go for it, i bet you it gets watered down real quick, so enjoy those early weeks of opening.

My guess is it will be something quick like being ripped out of the cab of the RV or a shadow affect.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the driver really is going to be killed. I doubt it will be very gory or graphic. Its an amusement attraction.

If they do go for it, i bet you it gets watered down real quick, so enjoy those early weeks of opening.

My guess is it will be something quick like being ripped out of the cab of the RV or a shadow affect.

they may pull an alien encounter with effects to make it feel you get hit with blood...lets not forget that's what Disney did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.