Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 218 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I desperately want the fabric covering the kiosks to be tea stained or weathered in some Manner or outright replaced with khakis or drab colored cloth.

The white - and it might even actually be a decent amount offwhite - just comes off as dayglo in the setting.

Question about a pic. Pics from OTPN.

Anyone know what make, model and brand of lights these are?
DSC09937.jpg

The one on the very bottom is some sort of LED Par light.

LED Outdoor Par Units

The top two are some sort of intelligent lighting (the little window to view their read outs suggests as much) but it'll take some more digging to find them.

And to note, the pars are pointed down at the pathway and the others are pointed up at the facade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question again about the ride system.

If the vehicles do actually follow an embedded wire then why are there positioning beacons along the track and on the ride vehicles? Wouldn't that be unnecessary?

Question again about the ride system.

If the vehicles do actually follow an embedded wire then why are there positioning beacons along the track and on the ride vehicles? Wouldn't that be unnecessary?

Did we establish they're positioning beacons? They might be wifi thingies. And Teeb's mentioning being grossly incorrect about something. I suspect it was the wire.

I am so impatient I couldn't stand waiting for a reply.

Regardless of what you mean, UC and Universal builds redundancy into their attraction. Not because they want a backup like NASA in case one fails. They want dual or triple confirmation that a vehicle is where it is supposed to be just to keep their attractions super safe. So, I have come away with the impression that if two are reporting conflicting information, the whole thing comes to a complete e-stop.

I believe this answers your question. ;)

Look at the speed of that thing! I don't know if the video is sped up but the observers are walking pretty fast :) The tank in the driver's seat is mounted solid so it is not a "water dummy" I think it will stay where it is during the ride. Bet it is water ;)

Reactions: Ryno27
I feel confident that they are lights.

That said, fun new video of RV's testing with teams from UC and Oceaneering running after it to watch it's every move. Can you say, "gravely concerned"?

Man, this outdoor portion, while quick, should really set up the ride nicely. Plus, it seems like it jostles quite a bit, so it should be tons of fun! :biggrin:

Reactions: Mike S