Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 221 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is anybody else freaked out at the thought of if a person were to run out in front of the ride vehicle somehow? I hope there's a good safety measure in place if the vehicle encounters an object or gets too close to something. That thing is HEAVY.
Pretty sure that would be pretty hard to do, but I'm sure they have safety features. It's really no different than someone running out near the tracks of dragon challanege or something.

Reactions: illumination
Is anybody else freaked out at the thought of if a person were to run out in front of the ride vehicle somehow? I hope there's a good safety measure in place if the vehicle encounters an object or gets too close to something. That thing is HEAVY.

It has built in sensors that are monitoring for obstacles on the track. There is more to this story, but I am opting to shut my trap at this time. ;)

If someone is dumb enough to run out in front of that thing they kind of deserve to get run over.

Reactions: Mike S and Fatality
Just a clarification, shock absorbers do not suspend a vehicle the springs do. As this has motors at all four wheels with independent steering it may have some very stiff springs with limited travel but shock absorbers are not the reason it moves the way it does.

I saw they built the outdoor path then dug it up again and added contour, maybe that was intended but I think it is as Teebin posted that they tried it flat and decided that would not give the motion they wanted so they added the dips. Lots of infrastructure was added when the opened the path back up, all the conduit to the control building went into a trench at the apex of the turn and they covered it back up while they made the change. Maybe this was the plan but it looked like a change in design to me.

I think these have an airbag suspension with no shocks, it is not being inflated and deflated to change the vehicle attitude nor are there hydraulics involved. If there were they could have overcome the problem with the approach to the doors.

I got all wet for you people. I took some pics - but the website says they're too big to upload from my iphone so.. oh well. Nothing particularly new from what i could tell, but the overcast nature of the rainfall allowed the colors and detail of the rockwork to be better seen rather than the usual harsh backlight.

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
VDL Spec.jpg
Just a clarification, shock absorbers do not suspend a vehicle the springs do. As this has motors at all four wheels with independent steering it may have some very stiff springs with limited travel but shock absorbers are not the reason it moves the way it does.

I saw they built the outdoor path then dug it up again and added contour, maybe that was intended but I think it is as Teebin posted that they tried it flat and decided that would not give the motion they wanted so they added the dips. Lots of infrastructure was added when the opened the path back up, all the conduit to the control building went into a trench at the apex of the turn and they covered it back up while they made the change. Maybe this was the plan but it looked like a change in design to me.

I think these have an airbag suspension with no shocks, it is not being inflated and deflated to change the vehicle attitude nor are there hydraulics involved. If there were they could have overcome the problem with the approach to the doors.

Yes sorry, when i say shock absorbers, my intention was general vehicle suspension.

The video Teebs posted a while back of the shipping vehicles shows a great snapshot of the undercarriage of the chassis and how rigid it actually is.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeCamel

A lot of hotels have this issue. Marriott hotels will catch them, get them fixed, and then release them back on their property. Or at least the places I have been to that have them. They tend to hang around where they can get food. But they do run and don't really like to be pet. They want your food and nothing more from you.

Reactions: JoeCamel