Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 223 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone is dumb enough to run out in front of that thing they kind of deserve to get run over.

Agreed, only an idiot would do that. I think what freaked me out is thinking it may not seem dangerous at first (to some people). It's not like standing on the track of a high speed roller coaster. If someone hopped the queue and walked on the outdoor path they might not think that a slow moving vehicle is computer-powered and not human operated and also weighs 17 tons and would just crush them. But I totally understand that there's safety measures in place and surely that won't really be an issue. Just the thought creeped me out!

Reactions: Ryno27
Ok, I told you all I would correct or update you on something that seems to be completely incorrect about this ride. I say "correct or update" because I am not sure whether an idea changed way back or this has always been the plan.

Turns out, there is no wire in the ride path at all but only passive rfid tags placed every few feet. Every RV is looking for each of these tags to move along the path. I assume each one is numbered. This is why I asked for a closeup photo of the ride path the other day. Apparently, they are reasonably evident if you are looking for them.

I really hate giving out misinformation, and once again apologize for previous info.

-Teebster

Effectively the same as a wire so I don't see a difference in guiding but we have to wonder if it is a departure from block clear systems with external sensors so they can monitor the vehicle progress along the ride path and have more flexibility in the spacing of the vehicles.

Yep. I have no clue how Disney gets theirs to not be in the parks during the day. I know they exist as I have heard from multiple employees who are in the parks at night and even one sent a picture to his wife about them. But you never see them during the day.
Cats are scared of the large amount of people the places see on a day to day basis.

The rfid tags do that too. The tags even help to tell the vehicles to stop and wait when they reach a specific number.

I am not familiar with block/clear systems.

Block clear is left over from train control and uses external sensors, in this case with the different frequencies of the tags the main control computer knows where the vehicle is on the path. maybe the white objects on the rocks are recivers not transmitters (I think they are bi-directional) for this purpose and get the info from the vehicle as it senses the RFID pucks to relay to the main computer so the position along the track can be calculated and compared to the other vehicles to institute proper spacing.

Just a guess but in my mind it is a good one (of course! :) )

Reactions: Ryno27
Seems like no new information was revealed from the twitter-sphere.

But, if theres anything; i'd expect something tomorrow, especially since Myth Explorer usually is on Thursdays.

I have to think that it'll still be on a creature of Skull Island that we get to see for the first time..either that, or the bat.

Literally nothing. There was not a single thing that we haven't heard about yet. The most exciting thing was a 2 second ride clip that we've already seen was added to one of Universal's commercials.

What was the challenge then? I thought they were doing the make up for team members to wear for the ride?

they had to take one of the creatures and morph them in to a humanoid type character - winner gets a spot in the finals and a trup to universal to be among "the first to experience kong"

one thing that was new to me was the whole skull island survived the ice age because of the hot vents discussion.

Reactions: Cole and Ryno27
How close is this ride to being done? I feel like Teebin would know.

In one sense, they could open it tomorrow as it is finished "enough". However, they are still bolting down and testing smaller tech elements that will take it all up a notch. By this, I mean all interior guests areas within the building. Exterior, we can all see the similar touches continue to be made to things that don't seem to need to be fixed.

I haven't asked about the ride vehicles in a few days as it began to give me heart burn.

I did notice one thing from the show. Mike West talked about the caves before you board the vehicle, and the cgi clip showing the cave section from "the making of" played at that time as well. So I'm thinking that clip is part of the queue area and not the ride like I originally thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.