Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at that parks this weekend and took a picture of the front facade of Kong. You can clearly make out his head and face now on the rebar. Sorry for the crappy pictures. I don't have Alicia's gift. lol Much love and respect to all you photographers:

Here's a face on picture:

I made some outlines of his face that you can see from the rebar:

You can see his dome, brow, eyes, nose, and mouth.

It feels like we are doing an ultrasound of a fetus. lol

BTW, I forgot to mention the other day, that something really big is going to be built on the far side of the inner track line below. By big I mean steel and mesh and sculptured. Problem is, I have no idea what exactly it will be, but it will fill all of the far side of that roadway and curve. You shouldn't be able to see the grand entrance from this photo's view in a few months. Fun stuff!

24e8dpl.jpg

BTW, I forgot to mention the other day, that something really big is going to be built on the far side of the inner track line below. By big I mean steel and mesh and sculptured. Problem is, I have no idea what exactly it will be, but it will fill all of the far side of that roadway and curve. You shouldn't be able to see the grand entrance from this photo's view in a few months. Fun stuff!
I'm sure it'll be a water feature.

Watching Kong with Fray Wray on TCM now. It's been a long time since I've seen this timeless classic. The group is approaching the ancient wall right now while the natives are chanting Kong! Kong!, while they prepare the maiden sacrifice. This is the "real" Beauty (FayWray) & the Beast (Kong). The Reign of Kong is going to be a smash hit for Universal. It's story is as timeless & universal as the Disney classics. Can't wait.

Reactions: Cole
Watching Kong with Fray Wray on TCM now. It's been a long time since I've seen this timeless classic. The group is approaching the ancient wall right now while the natives are chanting Kong! Kong!, while they prepare the maiden sacrifice. This is the "real" Beauty (FayWray) & the Beast (Kong). The Reign of Kong is going to be a smash hit for Universal. It's story is as timeless & universal as the Disney classics. Can't wait.
Universal. I see what you did there

So, refresher here. Are those green pipes sticking up in the photo above for water drains? Too, there appears to be one smaller white pipe sticking up in the middle foreground that has to be water... hmmmm....

Doesn't the color of the pipe let you know what it is for? I'm not in construction, but I feel I've noticed things like white for water, green for waste water, grey for electrical conduit.

I may be way off base, I just figure there is a standard to follow.

Gray is electrical conduit. Waste can be white or green. Typically green is underground, and, in this case, probably drainage. Water can be a lot of different colors. Underground would probably be white pvc, but there are other ways to do it. In the pic in question, I'm not sure thats a pipe sticking up. It looks more like a wood board to me, but I could be wrong. Unless teebin is talking about that broken pipe laying on the ground?

Reactions: Frank Drackman
Doesn't the color of the pipe let you know what it is for? I'm not in construction, but I feel I've noticed things like white for water, green for waste water, grey for electrical conduit.

I may be way off base, I just figure there is a standard to follow.

Yes, there is meaning to the color of the pipes. I just could not recall what each means as I am neither a general contractor or work for a pipe sales company. One among us does.

I hope some of you are at IOA this weekend and snap a ton of pics. One thing I have yet to see is the backside of the Kong building that was reportedly painted brown. I would like to see how that plays if anyone can pull it off.

You mean backside of showbuilding painted brown or backdrop?

The back of the Kong building has been painted (a rather dark) brown for a while now. You can get decent shots on the pedestrian bridge!

Status
Not open for further replies.