Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, is the giant Kong head supposed to be the attraction entrance? I thought it would be inside the ride itself.

The stone head is the entrance. There will also be a furry kong in the ride attraction.
A "furry Kong". Hope that doesn't attract those fur crazies. :wink: They keep having their conventions here it Pittsburgh. They're quite embarrassing to the city when they're here.

Enjoying watching the progress, this will be done by my next visit!

Did I miss the part where they started doing color work on the mountain backdrop?

I think the show building looks fine, and I'm a huge detractor of the ultra-visible FJ building. It's properly textured and they made an effort for it to have some form of "terrain." Hell, if they continue to color it, I think it'll look even better.

Can someone soon go up to the top of Camp Jurassic and take pictures looking down at not only the new kong entrance, but also to the left and far left? I believe a new wall may have been installed and should be around 10'-40' variably set back from the construction wall.

In the past few weeks I have learned quite a bit more about the details of the scope of this project. Much of it I will sit on and allow UC to surprise the hell out of you. Let me offer that it is as if they finished up Diagon and Gringotts and said, "Let's do that again!!!". The queue alone will be somewhat potter equivalent in scope.

Expect nods to everything from American Adventure, Terminator, Jungle Cruise, and even the original IOA Jurassic Park. The only frustrating problem for me is that I fear most guests won't even know what was an illusion and what was not.

I sure hope it plays and sells well!

Dang, this ride is more and more sounding like it may be one of the best ones ever.

I have a question about the entrance, though. If the stone Kong head is the entrance to the queue, does this make the large entryway behind it that we've already seen part of the queue too, part of the ride, or simply part of the wall that just looks like an entranceway?

Expect nods to everything from American Adventure, Terminator, Jungle Cruise, and even the original IOA Jurassic Park. The only frustrating problem for me is that I fear most guests won't even know what was an illusion and what was not.

I sure hope it plays and sells well!

What do you mean by "nods"? Like references/homages?

Any Kongfrontation nods..?

Status
Not open for further replies.