Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 333 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hm. I like creative ambition, but I would hope the ambition serves the experience in some visceral way. I hadn't thought about it before but I assume you can't even see ahead of the truck when you're seated, so...

Some strange design decisions on this project, especially with the outside portion.

Many strange decisions in terms of where money went compared to the ride itself.

I think it is mostly "because they can" financially. UC like anyone likes to stretch it's wings and try out or reinvent the newest technology.
That is how they succeed as well, daring to push things. Doesn't always work out immediately, but if no one ever pushes dark rides would just be cardboard cutouts and a choochoo train.

Reactions: UNIrd
Doesn't Energy and GMR use guide wires? Kong uses wi-fi and has no physical guidance.

Also, universal creative reportedly swore off ever using wifi for vehicle monitoring again after building Forbidden Journey but apparently the Kong team didn't get that memo. The Journey vehicles have a substantial physical track they can't deviate from and the vehicles know their programming - it's the wifi communication that hampered the ride opening.

I think I'm even more interested on how this may affect F&F Supercharged, if at all.

As much as this tech makes sense for Kong, it sure as hell doesn't make sense for that.

It all ready has affected F&F and delayed it's construction. These communication issues have been going on for many months and play out like peeling an onion. Solve one and another appears. Too, getting the vehicle grounded on the ramp didn't help. All of these issues stopped F&F in its tracks.

Even despite the fact that it was a clone, getting Transformers up and running in less than a year was nothing short of a tremendous accomplishment for Oceaneering.

They've done more good than bad for Uni so I can imagine this is just a small bump in the road. After all, this is once again a new applied tech for the industry. There's never been a trackless ride with such a massive vehicle before.

As long as this doesn't become like Test Track, I think everything should resolve itself soon enough.
What's wrong with test track I, didn't know it had any issues