Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 483 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So what exactly is the point of this media event in a couple weeks? People are already riding and posting their pictures/videos all over the internet. Also, have they announced an actual opening date yet?

The people riding and lining up are primarily fans and those who happen to be in the park and notice a line forming. The media event is aimed to create hype among the possible general guests coming throughout the rest of the year that don't follow every little tidbit about the ride construction, soft opens, ect.

So what exactly is the point of this media event in a couple weeks? People are already riding and posting their pictures/videos all over the internet.

Media day is for the big outlets to get the word out to the common folk, not the theme park fans. They also usually use that time to show off the resort and give some hints as to what's coming next.

Also, have they announced an actual opening date yet?

No, they have not.

Being the 3rd or 4th best ride in the resort is FAR from a bad thing. It's too early to tell anyways. The same people who said "gringotts is the best ride in the resort" back when it came out are now putting it 3rd or 4th place. Things change y'all, this is still a soft opening and all the minor complaints such as transitions can easily be fixed through added animations just like FJ. The world will still turn

They're telling us to move on. No plans for softs today they say.

Atleast it's not someone saying that the world is ending because of the ride not opening today, or if walls would be coming back up..oh the irony.

In all seriousness, they can just mean that they don't know anything till only a few minutes till the ride starts softs. And besides, I would be thinking that they'd want to soft open later in the day, much like yesterday.

Reactions: Mike S
I only made it through once so it's possible I missed a few scares. All in all though it was a couple of startles and some creepy stuff but it's just not on the HHN level. To me it was more of a fun scare.

To clarify, I wasn't referring to the number of jump-scares/scare-actors, just the level and nature of the theming. There's a lot of skulls, decaying bodies, etc. There's an ominous vibe I've only had before from the best HHN houses.

That said, the lone scare-actor I saw (despite at least 4 boo holes) got a scream at least 6 times in a row. That's rare for even the best HHN actor.

Reactions: Mike S
Softs are not happening today folks

Says. Who.

Technical Rehersals are something that can be happening at any time, at any point of a operation day. And just because its not open right now, doesn't mean that it won't be open by 6:30 or 7:30.

I'd argue to watch around 4:30 today, because that'd be a good point to watch if they have anything happening around the area, whether it's TM's getting people into a line or its the continued "We are not opening today" spiel that's used for a lot of rides that softs.

I wish they sold the merch online. The eBay price for the little bit of merch that's slipped through is just so high. It's not even the shipping, just the overall cost. Why can't they have an online store?!

Reactions: Ryno27