Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 484 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To clarify, I wasn't referring to the number of jump-scares/scare-actors, just the level and nature of the theming. There's a lot of skulls, decaying bodies, etc. There's an ominous vibe I've only had before from the best HHN houses.

That said, the lone scare-actor I saw (despite at least 4 boo holes) got a scream at least 6 times in a row. That's rare for even the best HHN actor.
I see what you mean. I think it's pretty close to what Dueling Dragons was in that regard.

I don't know if we ever cleared up the discussion about the vehicles. Do they create artificial movement or is it really soft suspension? The outside segment, the bus moves about quite a bit but the roads look fairly smooth from what I could see.

The outside road has big bumps and dips that were built on purpose. That is why the vehicles tip and sway that way.

Screens 2 and 3 the vehicle parks on motion tables that lock the vehicles in and then they tip, bump and jolt the trucks in a big way. The vehicles have no mech built in to make them tippy.

The outside road has big bumps and dips that were built on purpose. That is why the vehicles tip and sway that way.

Screens 2 and 3 the vehicle parks on motion tables that lock the vehicles in and then they tip, bump and jolt the trucks in a big way. The vehicles have no mech built in to make them tippy.

So how do they accomplish the tipping and jolting in the outside part? Sorry I'm very interested in the ride mechanics on this ride