Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 497 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back on again today, like Briman the motion base in the 360 portion was not running. The queue is much more bare able this time with overcast skies, hoping to get a ride in the dark. I will probably give a more in depth review later. Loving the banana icee in line too, very refreshing lol

Just out of curiosity, do the IOA maps have Kong on them yet? Since the current maps have the attractions separated and color coded based on what "island" they're in, I'm wondering how they're going to list the attraction. Will it say, "Skull Island" and then under it list the full name of the attraction as Skull Island: Reign of Kong? That would be a bit silly.

There's already collateral out there with Skull Island listed as its own island, so I'm sure it will be that way on the guidemap, too.

Reactions: Ryan and Mike S
Kudos to Universal for allowing re-rides! The majority of our ride didn't work the first time, so we all got to ride again. Second time was perfect, motion in all rooms, as well as screens and animatronics all 100%. It is an amazing ride and queue. The scare actor got me. :) Wait time was only 1 hour even with the extended queue filled, multiple shutdowns for technical difficulties, re-rides happening, and not many trucks running.

In line again now. The line is moving so much faster than earlier today. Was hoping to get a night ride in but I don't believe it will be this one.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
Kudos to Universal for allowing re-rides! The majority of our ride didn't work the first time, so we all got to ride again.

Hm... this is beginning to sound a lot like early Spider Man in that sensors on show effects/screens don't register reliably. Still happens occasionally on SM. The good news is they have greatly reduced how often the vehicles have issues moving forward. That was really bad early on, especially on scene 6.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
Hm... this is beginning to sound a lot like early Spider Man in that sensors on show effects/screens don't register reliably. Still happens occasionally on SM. The good news is they have greatly reduced how often the vehicles have issues moving forward. That was really bad early on, especially on scene 6.

Once the problem starts, the rest of the ride is usually messed up and out of sync with video, light, motion and sound glitches, random stops and nothing happening in some rooms. Yes, very similar to Spiderman. Although I know for Spiderman the problem can be caused by too many cars backing up at load and unload. But Kong had barely any trucks running (seemed like only 2).

My first ride-thru was perfect. My second ride-thru was missing motion in the 360 room. That made the second ride-thru a much more lackluster experience. In this day and age of people literally basing opinions on a ride via YouTube video, I feel for the people thought that was it. But when all cylinders are firing, it is so much fun.

My first ride-thru was perfect. My second ride-thru was missing motion in the 360 room. That made the second ride-thru a much more lackluster experience. In this day and age of people literally basing opinions on a ride via YouTube video, I feel for the people thought that was it. But when all cylinders are firing, it is so much fun.
This is what "Technical Rehearsals" are for.

Mercy, gotta love these low to the ground outside ride photos. Look at all the extra marks on the pavement! Click pic for highres. Those weren't there 3 months ago. Are those intended as whistles to to the rfid readers to pay attention? :saywhat:

CktudkNXIAEVPdJ.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.