Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 499 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I make seating requests I also additionally word it as "can I please wait to ride in __", this implies I understand the person grouping may not have the spot I need right away and I'm willing to compromise. Hopefully comes off a little less demanding too.

Here's hoping I'll get on today...

I think you will. I was curious to see if they would run softs on the weekend but since they did yesterday I think you have a great chance. I would say make your way over to that area around 3. To guarentee yourself a ride. It could open at 3:30 or 4 but it would be good to have the chance to hop back in line again if some of the effects are off.

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
Don't feed a troll, its as simple and cold hearted as that. And also, something that came to mind is that people have complained about Universal on this ride being mostly Screen-Based. But there is something that I think people need to consider,

Universal essentially pioneered it to how good it could be. From when Back To The Future broke grounds in giving an immersive experience of sending you back in time with some of the largest Imax screens; to Forbidden Journey and the incredible use of Musion AND The Carousel Domes, and not even mentioning Gringotts; Universal has done so well in the Screen-Based attractions because of their experience in the field with it.

And to that, it makes me happy for Kong, seeing that the wonderful 360 technology first found in KK-360 is being implemented with the great Screen transitions of Gringotts. Plus, the fact that we are starting to see more complex Animatronics from the Witch to the Carnictis; and having the Puppetry gods of Creature Tech handle Kong, it should be a technological marvel in some retrospect.

And even if I judge off of a crappy quality YT video, its nothing pale to experiencing it (Which, can make quite the difference). So yes, don't watch them; because if you are going to judge it off of watching something instead of experiencing it, then you need to rethink what you perceive opinions of a ride like this. I learned that from FJ, and I hope people do for Kong.

Don't feed a troll, its as simple and cold hearted as that. And also, something that came to mind is that people have complained about Universal on this ride being mostly Screen-Based. But there is something that I think people need to consider,

Universal essentially pioneered it to how good it could be. From when Back To The Future broke grounds in giving an immersive experience of sending you back in time with some of the largest Imax screens; to Forbidden Journey and the incredible use of Musion AND The Carousel Domes, and not even mentioning Gringotts; Universal has done so well in the Screen-Based attractions because of their experience in the field with it.

And to that, it makes me happy for Kong, seeing that the wonderful 360 technology first found in KK-360 is being implemented with the great Screen transitions of Gringotts. Plus, the fact that we are starting to see more complex Animatronics from the Witch to the Carnictis; and having the Puppetry gods of Creature Tech handle Kong, it should be a technological marvel in some retrospect.

And even if I judge off of a crappy quality YT video, its nothing pale to experiencing it (Which, can make quite the difference). So yes, don't watch them; because if you are going to judge it off of watching something instead of experiencing it, then you need to rethink what you perceive opinions of a ride like this. I learned that from FJ, and I hope people do for Kong.
I said the same thing. It looks underwhelming on youtube. But I have not been on it yet and I thought Kong 360 In Hollywood was dope. The fact we have a full blown ride with scenes and a standalone attraction is freaking awesome. I will not criticize a company for giving me more to do for the value of my money on a ticket purchase.

There are other videos online posted by non-Disney channels and the comments are the same. People complaining about yet another lame outdated 3d sim ride at Universal. I'm not a Disney fanboy, I love both parks. My love for Universal is quickly ending though with one disappointment after the other.

We understand your opinion, but give it a rest, this is all you've been talking about.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 1.33.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 1.33.48 PM.png
    654.7 KB · Views: 66
BTW, after seeing the queue walk on Alicia's video, I am astounded at the vast crowds lining up for these softs. Has it been common in the past for other softs?

The power of Social Media....

I've never been there for any softs, but I do recall a decent sized crowd gathering around Diagon once when we were there. I did speak to some folks that were waiting that day...I recall speaking to someone who came from two hours away and she was convinced softs would start that day...pretty sure it was something she read on the Internet.

I assume crowds are helped from them lifting the blackout on Power Passes (which I think they did due to the plastic passes becoming available)...I also saw a story online from the Orlando Sentnel mentioning that softs had started, so I imagine that brought a lot of locals out as well.

But I really have no idea how crowded softs have been in the past.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
Yesterday FJ went down during EPA and didn't open until about 3pm. The rest of the park pretty much played out the worst-case-scenario as Kong, Hulk, and FJ weren't open.

And rumor is that it's one of the reasons Kong opened as early as it did yesterday - 4pm is still the scheduled time for the crew for the next few weeks.

Yeah huge worse case scenario.

My thoughts on the screens vs. AA in regards to this ride is Kong really got it right. If you think about it having an AA in the ride where the ride vehicles pass by in only a few short moments is kind of a waste and only allows for either a very short sequence for a complex AA or usually just a basic repetitive movement. This has been Disney's formula since the 60's it's not bad but AA's have really improved over the years and are capable of so much more. Using them in the queue and ride vehicle where they can be seen closer and for longer periods of time is far better use of them. Meanwhile there's no way these dynamic action sequences could be achieved with AA's.

I think Gringotts really started this shift and Kong benefited from this and they were able to take it even further.
You make a great point. I think more people need to think about this. It makes terrific sense.

Reactions: Mike S and s8film40
Status
Not open for further replies.