Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 500 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone just ban "Josh Thomas" already? He is an obvious troll and won't stop complaining about this one ride.
I wouldn't fault anyone for saying they don't like the attraction. That's a personal preference and opinion. The attraction does indeed have quite a few AA's, physical sets and even live actors. Any complaints being directed toward this attraction can't be that those things don't exist but rather a difference in taste of where they were used and where they were not. Some people are simply used to older attractions and expect all attractions to follow the same model. Some people like to see things changed up a little. If I were designing this ride there are a few things I would have done differently, but overall I really like it. I don't think anyone can legitimately argue that this is a bad attraction, but they certainly can argue that they don't like it. Everyone should really take each opinion with a grain of salt give it a fair chance and judge for yourself and more importantly just enjoy it for what it is.

Another thing I have yet to research is why some torches aren't working at times. Everything from the gryphons in lc to the JP arches. Perhaps the ignighters failed which would imply gas is being shot into the air all day? And it's most often one of two that aren't lit. I've wondered about it for years.

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
How long is the line?

The pre-line which i would consider the line waiting for the attraction to open will move through the ride so quickly that these people will have reviewed it in the next 30 minutes or less. But then when they come out the line will be up to 2 hours and then they will regulate allowing more guests into the line by closing and opening the line periodically.

Imagine all those people in the photo just walking at a regular pace through the line without stopping until they get inside

Reactions: JoeCamel and Ryno27
Posted a blog post to go along with my video. There's screenshots of the loooong lines from Friday night. Hopefully next time I can go through the queue with my still camera and get some better shots. For now I am just excited to have gotten to be one of the first to ride this new addition to the parks. After following it and covering it with photo reports on my blog for two years it's surreal to actually say I've ridden the ride itself.

To go from this:
P1010004.jpg

...to this:
00838.MTS_.Still013.jpg

And have lines of people waiting like this the first week it starts running:
00838.MTS_.Still018.jpg

Is not only incredible, but it all went by in an instant.

Thanks for all the fun and craziness on this insane rollercoaster for two years! Can't wait for the next thing to open and I'm gonna keep covering things as long as Comcast and Universal Creative keeps building them!!

those asking about the line, I have friends inside the park today that can confirm the line is now BONKERS long. And they are diverting anyone coming from the JP side to walk all the way around the park to get in line somewhere in Toon Lagoon

perhaps they have yet to fill overflow and once it fills access from JP will return

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
Hey all! Long time lurker, first time poster here. So I'm thinking of trekking up to Orlando tomorrow morning to renew my annual pass and hopefully get to ride Kong. How should I go about doing this? Is the ride open as soon as park gates open? Would me having to renew my pass before going into the park in the morning leave me with an hour+ wait time? Or would I have to "camp out" in front of the ride all day until they feel like opening it? Any sort of help would be really appreciated!

Reactions: Mike S
Hey all! Long time lurker, first time poster here. So I'm thinking of trekking up to Orlando tomorrow morning to renew my annual pass and hopefully get to ride Kong. How should I go about doing this? Is the ride open as soon as park gates open? Would me having to renew my pass before going into the park in the morning leave me with an hour+ wait time? Or would I have to "camp out" in front of the ride all day until they feel like opening it? Any sort of help would be really appreciated!

The ride, so far, has not been opening till later in the day, around the mid afternoon to early evening.

Reactions: Mike S and Alicia
Status
Not open for further replies.