Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 502 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just rode, ended up waiting less than two hours with a couple downtimes. Motion base wasn't working for us in the 360 tunnel, but other than that everything worked well. Really enjoyed but will withhold judgement until I ride it at full spec.

Hey all! Long time lurker, first time poster here. So I'm thinking of trekking up to Orlando tomorrow morning to renew my annual pass and hopefully get to ride Kong. How should I go about doing this? Is the ride open as soon as park gates open? Would me having to renew my pass before going into the park in the morning leave me with an hour+ wait time? Or would I have to "camp out" in front of the ride all day until they feel like opening it? Any sort of help would be really appreciated!

Heres my suggestion since the ride is soft opening daily and breaking down regularly:

Enjoy your day at the park until about 2:30pm then head over to Kong and wait in whatever line has formed outside Skull island. They have opened for softs about 3-3:30ish the last couple days.

The reason you want to be in this pre-line is because once the ride has cycled about 500-800 people (72 per car) there is a greater likelyhood that it may break down. (or some function may not work for the rest of the day but they still cycle cars and people to give them a chance) Motion could be off, or the outside part may be bypassed, ive heard reports of Kong himself not working. You want to ride it with everything working to have the best experience, and ultimately come away from the attraction very pleased.

When they start the ride up and open for softs generally every part of the ride will be working. (unless its raining the outdoor portion will be skipped regardless of if its working or not) Its just a matter of time from when the gates open to when part of the ride decides not to work.

Also I have been hearing that they when softs start they block access from the JP side, so get there around 2:30pm and wait in whatever line has formed after the bridge in Toon Lagoon. The ride entrance is on the left as soon as you get over the toon lagoon bridge that crosses Dudley.

Enjoy!

First ride second screen went down and we sat in the dark for about five minutes. Second ride the vehicle 'crashed' before the 360 motion base platform and we experienced everything at an odd angle. Screen shut off and we sat there for fifteen minutes. Third time vehicle broke down between 360 screens and the big guy himself. He didn't move at all.
I gave up after that ride.

The 360 motion base hasn't worked at all on any of my rides. Really made the experience suffer.
I'm reserving my final judgment on the ride for when I can experience it in its entirety.

Help mw understand. Is it the rise vehicle that keeps malfunctioning or something within the attraction ?

It's really hard to say at this point. Any misinfo coming from the vehicle and dangerous effects could cause the system to shut down or stop... too just because a vehicle stops outside doesn't mean that is where the problem is. If one vehicle stops in the building I believe it will stop everything. There are so many programs and systems watching and reporting we might be wondering, "Why will this ever work???".

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
Oooooh... was just posted on Twitter that the ride vehicles are themed with CLAW marks and scratches. How austere and foreboding!

They're just a Kong magnet. Might as well be driving about in one of these.

Banana-Bus.jpg

I went to buy a Kong Pin to add to my pass lanyard... they are so gaudy! I demand better merch! I wanted a skull or at least something cool to commemorate.

I just got here and they arent letting in guests anymore. My luck sucks for this.

Try to go again on a day you can get there before 3pm. Read my suggestion to Realityland at the top of this page for the best advice around that. Weekends are crazy-sauce anyway.

Ride is experincing an "extended delay" for like the past hour. Bladder got the best of me so I left. I'll try again tomorrow.

May the force be strong with your bladder tomorrow!