Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 504 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really appreciate this info, however I'd like some help understanding, maybe I'm just dense. It sounds to me like the vehicle loads from the left side, so people first in the row will move all the way to the right when loaded, is that right? I'll be with a party of three, so we'll want to get an empty row to move across, and preferably rows 6-8, to get the optimal experience. Do I have that all right?

You have it correct, first into the RV will sit on the right side. I sat on the left and had a great ride, I am going to see what the right side looks like in the next few days.

Every single comment on YouTube pov hates this ride :( I thought it was pretty cool like how many 360 screens rides are there i always wanted to ride the HW version but they finally took it to the east coast bigger and even better so I'm trying to understand what's the problem haha ? Did they really expect to have a fighting Dino and Kong AA , a lot of these people are going to be hurt when they see what avatar and stars wars holds for em
I had to bite my knuckles in order to not audibly scream when going through those comments.

Another sleep and I'll be on skull island (a childhood dream come true)!!! a friend went today and said they were in the native room during the delays and Evacs and had the best interaction with the actor EVER!!! He kept chanting Kong until he came out, bowed down to his little brothers stuffed Kong and played a game of peekaboo through the boo hole. If that isn't the best thing ever I have no idea what is. Tomorrow I'm gonna bring him a chocolate bar and see what he does, hopefully I don't get speared!!!

I haven't rode yet but I watched a POV...

I don't even have a problem with the screens, my biggest issue is the story. It's not really clear... and the Kong AA at the end feels so random. The queue is great but somewhere along the way to the cave scene, it all starts to feel disconnected. I'm sure the atmosphere on the ride is incredible, but I really wish the story was better.

As of now, I'd probably place it at #5 in IOA, behind Spiderman, Hulk, FJ, and Dragons (in no specific order).

Reactions: Ryan
Another sleep and I'll be on skull island (a childhood dream come true)!!! a friend went today and said they were in the native room during the delays and Evacs and had the best interaction with the actor EVER!!! He kept chanting Kong until he came out, bowed down to his little brothers stuffed Kong and played a game of peekaboo through the boo hole. If that isn't the best thing ever I have no idea what is. Tomorrow I'm gonna bring him a chocolate bar and see what he does, hopefully I don't get speared!!!

Sounds like an awesome interaction. Would much prefer more meaningful and memorable stuff like that rather than blink-and-you-miss-it scares. Maybe an unpopular opinion, but yeah.

Sounds like an awesome interaction. Would much prefer more meaningful and memorable stuff like that rather than blink-and-you-miss-it scares. Maybe an unpopular opinion, but yeah.
It was pretty much luck of the draw lol. He should show his face more because his make up is incredible and he could have a lot of fun with the guests. However it could lead to him being a selfie magnet so idk!!!

Reactions: Mike S
All I can say about the "main" YouTube POV is that one should only have to look at the channel that posted it and the fact that it's YouTube... solves that "riddle" immediately.

Well, yes, but the source magnifies the criticism that it receives. Even if we wired their chairs to feel the movement and had them watch thru VR sets they would find something to bitch about it.

king-kong-roller-coaster-model-big.jpg

If the public could choose, they'd prolly want something more like this which was planned for Universal Studios Dubai. I'm glad UC has more ambition for bringing Kong to life.

I don't care what they think.
My problem is that people sometimes look at comments are reviews. So families looking for rides to ride are going to scroll down and see that most people are saying its a "recycled projector screen movie".
most comments on any comments section are negative
looked like over 90% gave it a thumbs up

edit:i see your point but the day i worry about a comment section and rely on it for a review is the day i need to get off you tube LOL

king-kong-roller-coaster-model-big.jpg

If the public could choose, they'd prolly want something more like this which was planned for Universal Studios Dubai. I'm glad UC has more ambition for bringing Kong to life.
Well a Kong coaster low to the ground with some thrilling cobra rolls and overbank turns through a tropical forest and some slow stops would be pretty cool. but I agree. I definitely love the multiple elements of this attraction. I was pleasantly surprised by it. Have not ride it yet but the queue, theming, alone makes it belong exactly where it is and how it is. This is the Standard level of theming we can expect Universal to have and I'm absolutely stoked for the next theme park attraction projects and their theming and ride elements.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S