Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 503 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My friends that waited for maybe 30 min in the outside pre-line (before softs started) and were in and out fairly quickly and said all the effects were working for them. They both loved it and said they came out with two big :eek::eek: grins

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
Friend got off ride and texted me at 6:57 - entered line at 4:22.

So about 2.5 hours and the motion base didn't work. She thought it was "short." She though the Kong AA was awesome.

Motion base didn't work for me either. This was my second ride, and I enjoyed it much more even without it. There's just a lot to take in. The 3D projection is simply the cleanest image so far at Universal, and it tracks so well with the vehicle.

The kids (6 and 9) were fine. The 6 year old is ready to go again. The 9 year old got a scare actor and screamed but then smiled. I think being stuck in the witch room for about an hour removed a lot of the sense of foreboding.

I have not seen USH but was struck by how deep the 360 scene was and how well it tracked the action. If that is what they have in Hollywood I am surprised I didn't hear more about it before now. Best thing I have seen on a screen ever.
I went yesterday and although the motion base in the 360 room wasn't working, that was the sentiment I left with. It was undoubtedly the best 3D scene I had ever experienced. Unbelievably crisp and vibrant.

Every single comment on YouTube pov hates this ride :( I thought it was pretty cool like how many 360 screens rides are there i always wanted to ride the HW version but they finally took it to the east coast bigger and even better so I'm trying to understand what's the problem haha ? Did they really expect to have a fighting Dino and Kong AA , a lot of these people are going to be hurt when they see what avatar and stars wars holds for em

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
TO ALL FELLOW OU MEMBERS PLEASE READ THIS:

If you manage to get into technical rehearsals for this ride and want to have the best experience possible: Right before the boarding area the line splits into 2 lines. Left will board the front rows of the vehicle and the right line will board the back rows starting from row 6. I want you all to enjoy the ride and they say row 6 is best but 6,7,8 are great and the right side of the vehicle is the best vantage point for maximum guts and slobber, with an excellent view of the Kong AA. Generally if you are polite to the TM loading they will take requests for seating.

There are 12 rows and it is possible that the left line will board row 6 but according to the TM on the right during my load he was instructed to board starting at row 6. But I would not chance it by taking a left at the split.

This is common knowledge to most of you: (in this example you are a party of 2)
But just to add to this If you are being instructed to go into a row where there are (for example) 3 people already in the boarding area for that row and then they instruct you to go to said row with 3 people in it, then you are now on the left side of the vehicle. Politely ask the TM if you may be seated in the next (empty) row so that you are on the right side of the vehicle. They will most likely want to make you happy and be helpful to you. If all rows are empty on approach just ask the TM kindly, may we please be in row 7. (most of the general public wont be asking since they are not UNITED!)
I really appreciate this info, however I'd like some help understanding, maybe I'm just dense. It sounds to me like the vehicle loads from the left side, so people first in the row will move all the way to the right when loaded, is that right? I'll be with a party of three, so we'll want to get an empty row to move across, and preferably rows 6-8, to get the optimal experience. Do I have that all right?

Every single comment on YouTube pov hates this ride :( I thought it was pretty cool like how many 360 screens rides are there i always wanted to ride the HW version but they finally took it to the east coast bigger and even better so I'm trying to understand what's the problem haha ? Did they really expect to have a fighting Dino and Kong AA , a lot of these people are going to be hurt when they see what avatar and stars wars holds for em
and frozen will also have a lot of screens

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S