Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 505 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not in the main POV posted by Inside The Magic. That video has a lot of hate.
Yep, and it was posted by Niles on his Theme Park Insider site also. And his Disney oriented fans blasted it with hate in comments. And they did the same a few days previously when he did a story on a scary queue with scare actors. They blasted the attraction with hate there to. Methinks there's a lot of envy and jealousy of Universal playing into these comments.

Yep, and it was posted by Niles on his Theme Park Insider site also. And his Disney oriented fans blasted it with hate in comments. And they did the same a few days previously when he did a story on a scary queue with scare actors. They blasted the attraction with hate there to. Methinks there's a lot of envy and jealousy of Universal playing into these comments.
They can do all the blasting they want. Those 90 Minute waits will say different.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Mike S

Careful with straw man arguments. There are legitimate issues with Kong that are raised and there are many who question the use of more projections who aren't Disney zealots.

Was just reading through some of those comments and I see where you're coming from. It may take long periods of time for Disney to build rides but "You want to know why Universal builds so fast? They appear to take shortcuts!" Disney fans really just can't say Universal has something good for once

I'm not a screens guy.
But at least I can enjoy the ride even though I prefer physical sets. I think everyone prefers physical sets.
It just irks me to see people complain about a ride they haven't ridden just because it uses screens.

Careful with straw man arguments. There are legitimate issues with Kong that are raised and there are many who question the use of more projections who aren't Disney zealots.
No straw man arguments. Just reported the comments that are primarily based on the POV . If you read the comments, that's the general vibe you get from the vast majority of the posters. The best one, as I mentioned before, is that Universal should learn from Disney the right way to do screens.

Reactions: Mike S
No straw man arguments. Just reported the comments that are primarily based on the POV . If you read the comments, that's the general vibe you get from the vast majority of the posters. The best one, as I mentioned before, is that Universal should learn from Disney the right way to do screens.
well there are more disney fans than universal fans, you re gonna get those comments right or wrong

well there are more disney fans than universal fans, you re gonna get those comments right or wrong
Pro-Disney people will always have an issue with what Universal creates. Which essentially makes what Universal creates all the more enjoyable. I can not wait to ride this. And like others, I miss Kongfrontation (Basically riding a tram in mid air in a theme park is awesome. We probably will NEVER get that again).

Pro-Disney people will always have an issue with what Universal creates. Which essentially makes what Universal creates all the more enjoyable. I can not wait to ride this. And like others, I miss Kongfrontation (Basically riding a tram in mid air in a theme park is awesome. We probably will NEVER get that again).
Yep, bottom line, that's it. Instead of P _ _ _ s Envy, it's Universal Envy, since WDW hasn't gotten much new for like forever. As Walter Brennan said in his old TV series. "No brag, just fact.":lol: And to answer Test Track. Of course we all understand that some people have issues with all the screen based attractions. Hell, that's all we've been talking about here lately! The point is that Disney fans on these Disney oriented sites are looking at a crappy video, and using that video as their Exhibit A of all they hate about Universal, instead of actually waiting to experience the attraction. They are not judging it objectively, they're gang attacking the attraction.

Reactions: Mike S
1559 thumbs up
122 thumbs down

You guys have to remember that the people leaving the negative comments are usually the same people over and over again. :cough: Josh Thomas :cough:

The witch room: Every time I see a video of it, all that I can think is "Khaa-lee-mahl!" from Temple of Doom.

There were people shouting this in the queue! I didn't remember where it was from. I just thought they were being obnoxious.