Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well I'll be darned! Searched for a high res photo and found it. You can see the squirter holes:

sman_squirters.png

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Maybe they'll make him more 3D now that the ride is taking this new HD / more realistic direction? Then again, maybe it'll just be a new coat of paint.

Regardless of what they're doing to the ride film, the facade still needs to fit in Marvel Super Hero Island. A 3D Spiderman wouldn't fit in with the comic book theme.

Regardless of what they're doing to the ride film, the facade still needs to fit in Marvel Super Hero Island. A 3D Spiderman wouldn't fit in with the comic book theme.

That's true, so they probably will just re-paint it. And maybe fix that water / spider web effect that I've never seen before :p

Or maybe they'll give him a darker look to fit with the new film/more recent comic books.

I was under the impression that all of the large character graphics in MSHI were printed and not hand painted. The reason for this is because they are made up of joined panels. The other reason is that when they replace them with brighter graphics, it happens overnight. The steel claw guy outside the spidy photo op store comes right to the ground so perhaps someone can take a closer look.

Last edited:
Has to be there, I think. He's the only live action character I can remember.
I thought the truck driver was animated. He looked real the first several times I went on it but after going so many times and taking closer look, he look animated as well. Regardless, I think that will be the Stan Lee cameo, as well.

I thought the truck driver was animated. He looked real the first several times I went on it but after going so many times and taking closer look, he look animated as well. Regardless, I think that will be the Stan Lee cameo, as well.

Well yeah, he isn't truly live action. I guess I just meant the only non-comic book character.

STEEL CLAW GUY?!? Wolverine...:inquisitive:

I guess... doesn't look like Hugh Jackman though.

40852713.jpg

On closer streetview, the character getting hit by lighting or electricity across from the captain america diner shows that it is clearly made up of 4-5 foot panels. That was where I recalled noticing they were printed back in 1999. This is visible on streetview today on that particular character.

Edit, edit, edit: Sorry I am so unclear on the characters... I was never a fan of reading comic books... so I do not know the culture at all. Only the most famous are known to me.

Last edited:
I guess... doesn't look like Hugh Jackman though.

That's because this reflects the comic version of the character when the island was created. That's why I think it would be a mistake to "update" the Spiderman figure. He fits in with the theme of the island. Every character reflects a comic version from relatively the same era. If then went ahead and replaced everything across the island, I'd get it. But I still don't think it would make sense. I feel like the versions we have now best reflect the idea of stepping into a comic book. And either Spiderman would feel out of place, or a lot would need to change around MSI.