Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As hairyleo said, the chances of it being open around that time are 50/50. The ride closed today to complete the enhancements. There is always a chance Uni can do a soft opening before the ride officially debuts. An official reopening date will come soon. Keep on eye on the site and this thread for the latest information on a reopening date. You can still have a great time at Universal with Spider Man closed. FJ is a incredible ride. It is a must do attraction at IOA.

First off, welcome to OU, Cheko2015! :welcome:

Universal reps posted "More details and a re-open date coming soon!" on their Facebook, so let's hope it's really soon. I don't think the switch to HD will involve a lot more work at this point. It's probably just testing it and making sure it's all well synchronized. I'm gonna wish you the best of luck, and I say there's a good chance you'll get to ride it. I imagine after they start trying it out they'll be able to give us that exact date the ride re-opens, but I'm guessing it'll be in early March.

hairyleo already told you about Forbidden Journey and Simpsons :thumbs: FJ is going to be the closest ride to Spider-Man.

PS: I hope you have a lot of fun at Universal! It really is great! I think you're really going to enjoy it. The best advise I can give you is to ride and see everything you can. Sometimes you'll see us start nitpicking at rides here, but let me assure you it's all worth experiencing at least once, and most you'll probably want to ride many times :D Try everything you have time and energy for, and enjoy your trip to Universal!! :smiley: And don't forget to tell us all about your trip later too! :)

Last edited:
My guess, with no inside information to offer on the subject, is that there has been no reopening date announced because it's most likely Feb 8th to ASAP. Does that mean realistically it will be open again sometime in Feb? How would we know? Should it probably be open by the time you visit. Yes. Will it? No one here can answer that with certainty. Besides, even without Spiderman there is Forbidden Journey, Hulk, Dragons, Mummy, MiB, Simpsons and more. :thumbs:

Ah thanks everyone for the replies. I appreciate it the insight. Perhaps its not at the point giving up all hope. And especially thanks to felipe for the gracious welcome. Ill try to give out details abotu my trip when it comes up. And I suppose SpyderDan brings up a good point about spring break. But for those of you who live in orlando, will spring break be going on during March 10-11? hmm. Well we will see. I suppose its not the end of the world if it is closed but it will be nice if it was open so I could experience that ride for the first time. Ill keep checking on here for updates. Again thanks everyone.

But for those of you who live in orlando, will spring break be going on during March 10-11? hmm. Well we will see.

Some schools have spring break really early. I know that my sister's finishes by the 10th. My guess is that Uni would want Spider-man open for spring break, but they may not be able to accommodate everyone when some begin the first days of march.

Ah thanks everyone for the replies. I appreciate it the insight. Perhaps its not at the point giving up all hope. And especially thanks to felipe for the gracious welcome. Ill try to give out details abotu my trip when it comes up. And I suppose SpyderDan brings up a good point about spring break. But for those of you who live in orlando, will spring break be going on during March 10-11? hmm. Well we will see. I suppose its not the end of the world if it is closed but it will be nice if it was open so I could experience that ride for the first time. Ill keep checking on here for updates. Again thanks everyone.

Most of Florida tends to cater the school schedule around FCAT Testing, so I'd assume that Orange County's Spring Break is probably somewhere around March. Dade and Broward are, so who knows. Just keep hope. :)

--EDIT--

I just looked up Orange County's Spring Break, and it falls from March 25-29.

Last edited:
From today,

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

Take some pics and videos!! I'm waiting for everything to be open this summer before I go so I'll miss the new Spidey until June or July ish

I'm super stoked for this! This was overdue, but better late than never!

I didn't renew my annual passes this year(first time in almost 10 years) due to the JAWS fiasco, so I guess I'll be seeing HD Spidey in October for HHN.

Last edited:
Christ, this really is the absolute worst time to visit Orlando right now. EVERYTHING is either in the middle of being replaced with something else or getting a long refurb.

I'll be in Florida for spring break but I might just pass on visiting any theme parks.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts